new computer challenge

Ok, I know you're out there! Where are you? You're someone who can show me how to make my new laptop Windows 7 communicate with my new all-in-one printer so can scan and send pictures with Picasa like I've done for years with my old, tired windows XP. If you're not out there, do you know someone who I can call? Pleeeeeze! I know this isn't the place to do this, but I've exhausted all other avenues! GRACIAS!
Rockychik!

DMAC

I fought the law and the law won.
I can help:

First hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE and select "Shut Down". When the computer powers off, unplug it and disconnect all wires. Then carefully take it to the highest point of your residence and proceed to throw it down to the pavement. Next you need to go down to the Apple store and buy a Mac.

Problem solved.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
first get the CD that came with the printer and inserted into your cd reader in the laptop, it should download by itself, might have to follow some instructions a long the way, at some point it will ask you to connect all cables to laptop and printer, once CD has been completely downloaded into your laptop, you should be able to go on, if you have done all this and still does not work then turn off laptop and printer for a few seconds, they say 10 at least, unplug and disconnect all cables then connect them all back again and power laptop and printer, hopefully that will work, is the new printer wireless?

garyd

Ok, I know you're out there! Where are you? You're someone who can show me how to make my new laptop Windows 7 communicate with my new all-in-one printer so can scan and send pictures with Picasa like I've done for years with my old, tired windows XP. If you're not out there, do you know someone who I can call? Pleeeeeze! I know this isn't the place to do this, but I've exhausted all other avenues! GRACIAS!
Rockychik!
I have the same issue with Windows 7. I can use it if wired but it will not connect wireless. My old XP no problem

ADR

first get the CD that came with the printer and inserted into your cd reader in the laptop, it should download by itself, might have to follow some instructions a long the way, at some point it will ask you to connect all cables to laptop and printer, once CD has been completely downloaded into your laptop, you should be able to go on, if you have done all this and still does not work then turn off laptop and printer for a few seconds, they say 10 at least, unplug and disconnect all cables then connect them all back again and power laptop and printer, hopefully that will work, is the new printer wireless?
It shouldn't be a Windows 7 issue, most likely it is a driver issue.
If you don't have the correct CD, you can always go to the printer manufacturer's website and get the latest windows 7 driver, save it to your desktop, then run it. Make sure printer is OFF and NOT CONNECTED TO PC when you start (that is almost always the way you start install.

If you cannot find the driver, let me know the make/model of printer and I can email you the correct driver link.

dwig222

I have the same issue with Windows 7. I can use it if wired but it will not connect wireless. My old XP no problem
Same here. Decided to hook an old printer up to my laptop with Windows 7. I could print anything that I created in the HP software that came with the printer, but I couldn't print documents from Microsoft works. I spend three days tyring to get it to work. Ended up backing up all my data and restoring the laptop to factory settings (I know that may not be an option for you because it's scary). But now my printer works for every type of document.

Hey here is the problem. Computers have gotten so smart and they don't like people. They can now make everything a challenge for you and it seems they are winning.