New Crossing Structure

Jellyfish

Twice now I have seen people being made to unload their truck and trailer so the agents could see what they had. I do not understand why they continue to bother us going in. And, why are we spending tax dollars on structures like these.
What if these poor people are again pulled over on the mx side and made to unload again?? It's none of their business if I choose to be stupid enough to bring a gun or ammo into mx. OK, I'll get off my soap box.

mis2810

Wait. . . they're doing what amounts to a secondary inspection on the US side LEAVING now? Is it random? Trucks with trailers only?

Yes, it is huge. It takes up all the space between the fence and building. I only saw one inspection station installed so far...

Jellyfish

Both times it appeared to be a mex family who had been to yard sales. Truck and trailer loaded to the gills with mattresses and junk. Also, it appears to be only for the indepth inspections. Who knows what is next.

marybna

There is an article today in the paper about all the people coming up to buy things to take back to Mexico for flee markets. Here Tucson we see all the trucks going to Nogales really loaded up.

Jellyfish

I've read the artical and that is exactly what it looked like. I've not seen an american toy hauler being unloaded but will it be next??

Roberto

Albuquerque has several Goodwill stores and one large warehouse in an old KMart building. The stores often get so many donations that they cannot keep up or do not have enough room in the retail outlets. The warehouse has stuff piled into large plastic boxes, , like 4 ft by 4ft. You can purchase the entire contents of one of the boxes for virtually nothing. The warehouse is open only on certain days of the week and people are waiting in line on those days. Some specialize by category, like childrens stuff, etc. Visited with some of the buyers and some are local residents who are essentially buyers for relative's segundas in Mexico. It's a whole industry providing jobs and income as well as economical stuff for the segundas.

Roberto

The agencies of the officers staffing the stop get to keep some of the money confiscated I think, that's all I can think of. Also it's another excuse for the ICE folk to ask for more money. Anyone know if this type of exit inspection on the US side occurs at other crossing points?

Kenny

Albuquerque has several Goodwill stores and one large warehouse in an old KMart building. The stores often get so many donations that they cannot keep up or do not have enough room in the retail outlets. The warehouse has stuff piled into large plastic boxes, , like 4 ft by 4ft. You can purchase the entire contents of one of the boxes for virtually nothing. The warehouse is open only on certain days of the week and people are waiting in line on those days. Some specialize by category, like childrens stuff, etc. Visited with some of the buyers and some are local residents who are essentially buyers for relative's segundas in Mexico. It's a whole industry providing jobs and income as well as economical stuff for the segundas.
There is also BIG agency in Albuquerque and without even sorting it they bail it up, put it in a 40 footer and sell it by the pound. I know this for a fact because I did volunteer work there. Band new stuff and a lot of it was being sold for the making of rags and such. If people knew where there donations were really going with some of these agency's, they'd stop giving.

IMG_1734.jpgIMG_1737.jpgThey had two lanes open Friday afternoon And yes, they had a gringo in a passenger car pulled over. They were unloading the car as we drove by...