New Forum Software

Roberto

Well Known Member
OH, cleaned my glasses now I see the changes. Looks good and thanks for putting up will all the BS. GV is really a nice guy so don't take his comments too seriously.

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
Greate name. I am going to go out on a limb here and guess your dog is ridgeback - LOL! ;)
My big old girl is "Rio" - appropriately named I thought. She absolutely loves going to Rocky Point and playing with the "sea creatures".

AZRob

Well Known Member
When I opened the forum I thought I was on a different forum. Cool looking.;) Can you do auto correct spell check with the new software? So if you miss spell by mistake it will fix it automatic. PS the avatars could use some help (out of date).:confused: FYI IMO need more blue, the tan is to bright for the eyes. This is RP with blue sea.

Last edited:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
When I opened the forum I thought I was on a different forum. Cool looking.;) Can you do auto correct spell check with the new software? So if you miss spell by mistake it will fix it automatic. PS the avatars could use some help (out of date).:confused: FYI IMO need more blue, the tan is to bright for the eyes. This is RP with blue sea.
If you use FireFox (or Chrome, I think...) it turns words red if you misspell them. There's no way to auto correct, because we have no idea what you are trying to type.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
How do I get the most recent messages showing on top? It worked on the old forum, but I'm not sure how to change it on this forum.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
How do I get the most recent messages showing on top? It worked on the old forum, but I'm not sure how to change it on this forum.
We're working on getting that added, in the mean time, you can click on 'Recent Activity' on the top to see all of the recent activity.

audsley

Well Known Member
Your new software does not like my browser. Says it's out of date. But my Avast anti-virus says my Internet Explorer is up to date, so what's a guy to do? Yeah, I know, sounds like a personal problem, right? In the meantime, I can read the posts and navigate okay, but it all looks kind of strange.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Your new software does not like my browser. Says it's out of date. But my Avast anti-virus says my Internet Explorer is up to date, so what's a guy to do? Yeah, I know, sounds like a personal problem, right? In the meantime, I can read the posts and navigate okay, but it all looks kind of strange.
I have both Chrome and Internet Exploder with MSN. The MSN says I need a new browser (I don't) and Chrome doesn't. They both look exactly the same and I haven't found a difference in anything between the two so far.

Terry C

Well Known Member
Chrome loads so much faster on sites. It doesn't have auto spell check but like Tyler said it underlines your typing mistakes. Highlight the word and right click for a correct spelling of a word. Also, it keeps your username on sites if you want and auto fills if you are signing up to something. You caunt <~~~ see the red line here but I can. I'm not sure if it will spell check commie pinko rat fink though. Ask SIRI if she wants to go out on a date. HA!

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Yep. Websites aren't made for Internet explorer anymore. You'll get a much better and faster browsing experience by using something newer.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Said I have both and I use them both, but of course at different times.. This is MSN and my spell check from ispell works just fine and it's as fast as Chrome too.

Jellyfish

Why did I go from "newby gringo" to "beachcomber" and now I'm back to "new member". I feel cheated. I have followed this site since it was on the old forum
and was excited to finally be upgraded, Bummer!:(

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Why did I go from "newby gringo" to "beachcomber" and now I'm back to "new member". I feel cheated. I have followed this site since it was on the old forum
and was excited to finally be upgraded, Bummer!:(
We can change it to whatever you want, what do you want there?