New Italian Restaurant Open

Roberto

Got the announcement below today from the Coffee Haus

Hello everybody!!
We would like to take this opportunity to recommend to you this new restaurant from our friend Chef Luka !

It is called "PANE E VINO" and is located close to the railway tracks across the Bank Santander /beside Cosmos 2000 !
Please try it ,our friend Luca is serving excellent italian food with a little twist and just started last week Friday
He used to work in Mare Blu ,so if you liked the food over there you will love his food as well.
We feel very connected with them,since they started the same way we did six years ago--- with just an idea and the passion to open a small restaurant to serve excellent food in a cozy place!!

Please help to support their ambition and visit them!
They are open Thursday to Tuesday at 5 pm for dinner ,Wednesday is closed!

All the best to Luka and Karina

From all of us here at Coffee's Haus

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Is there a menu online? I'm looking for a new Italian restaurant since we lost Portofino's............Sniff Sniff!

I just noticed the restaraunt this weekend but didn't stop in. I didn't know if it was open yet. We did go to the old Portofino location that is now the No Sol Agua or something by that name. The food was pretty good.

Roberto

I just noticed the restaraunt this weekend but didn't stop in. I didn't know if it was open yet. We did go to the old Portofino location that is now the No Sol Agua or something by that name. The food was pretty good.
They still have pasta on the menu, pizza as well. The Frutti de Mare is one of my favs.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Does any one know if either of these restaurants has the filet with the avocado cream that old Portofino's used to serve?

Does any one know if either of these restaurants has the filet with the avocado cream that old Portofino's used to serve?
Filet with avocado cream sounds good, but on the menu we have:

- FILETTO AU POIVRE
10 Oz beef tenderloin with black pepper sauce, served with sauteed vegetables.

- FILETTO AL GORGONZOLA
10 Oz beef tenderloin in a creamy gorgonzola sauce, served with sauteed vegetables.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
OK, I will try the Gorgonzola if you will make a filet with avocado cream and serve it.......

Got the announcement below today from the Coffee Haus

Hello everybody!!
We would like to take this opportunity to recommend to you this new restaurant from our friend Chef Luka !

It is called "PANE E VINO" and is located close to the railway tracks across the Bank Santander /beside Cosmos 2000 !
Please try it ,our friend Luca is serving excellent italian food with a little twist and just started last week Friday
He used to work in Mare Blu ,so if you liked the food over there you will love his food as well.
We feel very connected with them,since they started the same way we did six years ago--- with just an idea and the passion to open a small restaurant to serve excellent food in a cozy place!!

Please help to support their ambition and visit them!
They are open Thursday to Tuesday at 5 pm for dinner ,Wednesday is closed!

All the best to Luka and Karina

From all of us here at Coffee's Haus
We just want to take this opportunity to thank you guys (Uwe & Lily) for everything you've done for us. You are amazing!
Grazie!

:) $17.95 usd each... We are located in Boulevard Benito Juarez by the railroad tracks. Do you know where the liquor store "El Crucero" is? at the end of the Plaza Cosmos.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Chef Luca..Thanks for the response. $17.95 is reasonable for that. Do I know where that liquor store is???? I practically live there.

Hope to see you in August.

Chef Luca..Thanks for the response. $17.95 is reasonable for that. Do I know where that liquor store is???? I practically live there.

Hope to see you in August.
I think you do, what about The Tequila Factory on the blue building on the Boulevard Benito Juarez... in front of that building but across the railroad tracks is located Pane e Vino... on the same plaza there is the pharmacy "Cosmos".

Roberto

First visit last night. Hmmmmm what should I say....... First off the place is a little hard to see at night so don' t give up, it's right there, close to the RR crossing. Pull off Benito Juarez at the crossing as if you are going to Cosmos Farmacia, then turn right. There is a continuous row of 2 story offices/shops there on the left side of the drive and Pane Y Vino is at the end in that row on the first floor. The access road actually stops there at the plant nursery next to the restaurant so you can't drive further.

It's just the size I like in a restaurant, about 10 or 12 tables or less depending on how they arrange them. Seating for up to 10 or so people at one table so don't be afraid to bring the whole family or neighborhood !! Although I was not able to sit in a corner facing the door with my back to a wall as I prefer, I found it very comfortable. When I arrived, about 7 or so, there were people at 4 tables. Mostly or all locals, good for them. I was greeted very quickly by the lovely Karina and seated by one of the two crisply uniformed meseros. The menu is larger than I expected given the size of the restaurant. Nicely divided into categories, Mariscos, Carne, Pasta. Being starved for Italian food other than the megre fare I manage to cook myself, I didn't study the menu to long as Pasta a la Carbonara just jumped at me and set my stomach to growling. No Italian wine , yet, but I had an acceptable Merlot. Fresh Pane was served with the wine and tasty it was, oven baked rather than baguette style, garnished with some tasty spices and oil. I had a welcome interlude as Karina stopped to chat again and I introduced myself from this forum. She shrieked and told me to get out immediately, no no no I am making that up, she was very welcoming and friendly.

Pacing was perfect as after munching bread and half a glass of wine the salad arrived. The waiters were attentive but not hovering. The kitchen had slowed down a bit by then and Luca came to the table to greet me as I had lettuce stuck between my teeth. Another friendly greeting and expression of appreciation. The pasta was as it should always be, al dente, not overcooked. The sauce was bellisimo !! More Northern Italian style than Southern I think. The portion was generous and attractively served. Altogether a delicioius and much appreciated meal. Yes it met my hopes and expectations.

Highly recommended.