NEW Jan 2022 - Can I get back in the US without a Passport?

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
Updated verification Jan 8,2022
My adult daughter wanted to go down to Rocky Point in March 2022 with us in our RV.
I tried making an appointment to get her a Passport Card.
The locations here in AZ are booked into March and then have to wait 4 to 7 weeks for it to arrive.
So, I called Lukesville Border crossing and spoke to a great guy who said...
" All she needs to get back into the USA is her original birth certificate and a drivers license."
Yes, she is a US Citizen and born here.
He repeated... ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE three times to insure I heard it and understood.
Great. Now she can join us in Puerto Penasco for two weeks.

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
Hope this didn't ruffle any feathers starting a new thread.

Last edited:

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Thousands of people cross the border everyday with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Your daughter should have no problem assuming she speaks a little spanish.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
A birth certificate copy and DL is all that is needed now. A passport (even an expired one) speeds up the wait at the inspection station.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Why do you always post crap like this. It is totally irrelevant to the question that was asked and we all already know your political views.
We should focus on the silver lining. For the first time she got "their" correct.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hope this didn't ruffle and feathers starting a new thread.
Just don't mention Covid. Steve and Queen STEVE MCQUEEN LMFAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO LOOSE (lose) THERE (their) SHIT! They'll tell you for the 1,000th time that the vaccine is negligible in outcome of a patient. THEIR VERY SMART DDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Thousands of people cross the border everyday with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Your daughter should have no problem assuming she speaks a little spanish.
3:48am!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DRUNK!!! How many Percocets have you popped by this hour??????????????????? You like wine huh? What's your flavor? Pino cause it's WHITE?

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Why do you always post crap like this. It is totally irrelevant to the question that was asked and we all already know your political views.
I disagree. The question was getting across the border without proper documentation. Anyone can these days if they know the proper route to take. And maybe the right coyote to assist them.

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
Thank you all for your good information and the other for non-information.

Last edited:

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
I "ignored" Queen of Kings about a year ago. It's been fabulous.

One of the favorite sayings I've carried forward for years:

When you wrestle with a pig, you learn 2 things.
First - you both get really dirty
2nd - the pig likes it

Ignore the pigs
How is that echo chamber working for ya?

AZRob

Well Known Member
I had the wait problem when I renewed my kids pass ports. They told me to keep checking their web site to see if someone canceled their appointment. We lucked out and someone canceled and we got in, only had to wait 2 or 3 days. We kept checking every hour to see if a spot opened.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
I "ignored" Queen of Kings about a year ago. It's been fabulous.

One of the favorite sayings I've carried forward for years:

When you wrestle with a pig, you learn 2 things.
First - you both get really dirty
2nd - the pig likes it

Ignore the pigs
Yes. I have 4 or 5 set to ignore. The racist and antivaxxer stuff really hurts this forum.