New Mexico hunters and trappers killing every bear and lion they can

Eagle173

The King, baby!
So because you don't believe in hunting we all should? I am so sick of the arrogant anti-hunters that think only their way to live is the correct way. Man has been harvesting animals for food since would could walk. Did you go to the supermarket this week and pick up some steak or hamburger? Did you go to Five Guys and get a juicy burger or hotdog? Because you are now separated from your food source you can get on your soap box and preach to us? Get lost. The animals you eat were killed by someone just not you. Get over yourself.

Your examples are acts of crimes and NO ONE I know does that. Millions upon millions of ethical and law abiding hunters have been smeared by your (dubious) broad brush. I call you out as a liar.

RoadKill

1 Iron
Bobcats are worth about $350 a pelt...they hang bait and set up multiple traps underneath....slow death....for a lot of dogs too
I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers, but, a tanned, large, cat pelt barely fetches $500-$100 when sent to auction. They were in the $120-$160 range back in the early to mid '80s.

jerry

Well Known Member
I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers, but, a tanned, large, cat pelt barely fetches $500-$100 when sent to auction. They were in the $120-$160 range back in the early to mid '80s.
right from a New Mexico trapper that hates this technique

RoadKill

1 Iron
right from a New Mexico trapper that hates this technique
He must be grinding it up as a supplement for rhino horn aphrodisiac and selling it to the Chinese! That's either a blatant lie, or selling to some retarded person as I alluded to.

Cats seldom overrun their prey. Rarely is a better word.
The picture I posted recently of the one I caught on my place, was, released. I'm sure that's not what you thought when I posted it, but that is the fact. When released, he just strolled off, I'm sure, exacting his revenge.
A year and a half or so later, he still follows along with me in the woods when I make a late night ride or walk along the property. I think he know it spooks me, but I mean him no harm unless he comes after my pooches. Since I don't expect that to happen, I'll miss his company in a few year...kind of. Creepy _ucker:D

jerry

Well Known Member
He must be grinding it up as a supplement for rhino horn aphrodisiac and selling it to the Chinese! That's either a blatant lie, or selling to some retarded person as I alluded to.

Cats seldom overrun their prey. Rarely is a better word.
The picture I posted recently of the one I caught on my place, was, released. I'm sure that's not what you thought when I posted it, but that is the fact. When released, he just strolled off, I'm sure, exacting his revenge.
A year and a half or so later, he still follows along with me in the woods when I make a late night ride or walk along the property. I think he know it spooks me, but I mean him no harm unless he comes after my pooches. Since I don't expect that to happen, I'll miss his company in a few year...kind of. Creepy _ucker:D
The traps my brothers dogs were caught it was a hanging bait with six or seven traps under it....the part time trappers didn't come back for three days...they finally checked their traps and released the dogs who limped bome...one died...this pisses off the lion hunters too....their dogs get hurt and the hunts are effected....big money is lost. It Is getting real ugly

RoadKill

1 Iron
The traps my brothers dogs were caught it was a hanging bait with six or seven traps under it....the part time trappers didn't come back for three days...they finally checked their traps and released the dogs who limped bome...one died...this pisses off the lion hunters too....their dogs get hurt and the hunts are effected....big money is lost. It Is getting real ugly
Hanging hooks is a subhuman, and, unorthodox method, Jerry.
The fact that you disregard what lengths I've gone to to release untargeteded animals says all I need to say.
Try releasing a bobcat from a blind set(unintended target) and then get back with me.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
So because you don't believe in hunting we all should? I am so sick of the arrogant anti-hunters that think only their way to live is the correct way. Man has been harvesting animals for food since would could walk. Did you go to the supermarket this week and pick up some steak or hamburger? Did you go to Five Guys and get a juicy burger or hotdog? Because you are now separated from your food source you can get on your soap box and preach to us? Get lost. The animals you eat were killed by someone just not you. Get over yourself.

Your examples are acts of crimes and NO ONE I know does that. Millions upon millions of ethical and law abiding hunters have been smeared by your (dubious) broad brush. I call you out as a liar.
You need to separate crime and wanton killing from hunting. Hopefully you can understand the difference. On the ranch in Texas EVERY hunter that comes from around the country shoots the hell out of everything. A rare sportsman hunter does come along once in a while. If you are not hunting & killing for necessity you are hunting and killing for fun. Which is it? The macho "hunters" who use dogs to run a mountain lion up a tree then stand under the tree and shoot the lion are part of your group as are the "varmint" hunters who kill wantonly for fun. This all is perfectly legal and part of your "hunting" you are so proud of. And by the way, I tell the exact truth from what the hunters tell me. Calling me a liar indicates your complete lack of understanding, knowledge or exposure to the subject. I am invited to the ranch in Texas in December and my friends shoot doves in Buckeye often. All of the stories I told are exactly what was discussed with me in encouragement to join along.

jerry

Well Known Member
Hanging hooks is a subhuman, and, unorthodox method, Jerry.
The fact that you disregard what lengths I've gone to to release untargeteded animals says all I need to say.
Try releasing a bobcat from a blind set(unintended target) and then get back with me.
you deserved every scratch and bite you got .....again my beef is that except for the guided hunts the average hunger I run into is a hassle....either untrained or just lazy they have wrecked it for the good ones in my part of Cochise county....locked out...

RoadKill

1 Iron
you deserved every scratch and bite you got .....again my beef is that except for the guided hunts the average hunger I run into is a hassle....either untrained or just lazy they have wrecked it for the good ones in my part of Cochise county....locked out...
No bites, nor scratches.
Now, why would I deserve them?
You come up with this stuff knowing nothing of me or how I treat our wildlife resources. You never even had the ambition to ask how I hunted or why I set out traps around my house.
You automatically went to "he's a hunter, so he's a lowlife that deserves anything he gets when hunting". In other words, PETA talking points.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
I meant no harm to true sportsmen but witness a lot of the other types. I do feel strongly that the bloodlust runs deep as I have done it myself in the past.

jerry

Well Known Member
No bites, nor scratches.
Now, why would I deserve them?
You come up with this stuff knowing nothing of me or how I treat our wildlife resources. You never even had the ambition to ask how I hunted or why I set out traps around my house.
You automatically went to "he's a hunter, so he's a lowlife that deserves anything he gets when hunting". In other words, PETA talking points.
You are obviously an amateur...