New Mexico hunters and trappers killing every bear and lion they can

cheatka

If any of you are really interested in helping wolves, there are a couple opportunities coming up and believe me, they need our help immensely and this help needs to be done by attending meetings, writing emails, making phone calls....they are being attacked inhumanely and by any means necessary. Because of POLITICS, wolves have been taken of the ESA in some states, and the very next day were hunted. They can be shot on sight in most of Mont, Ida, Wisc, and Wy just got their hunting season taken away by a Fed judge because of what was going on. Idahell wants a predator hunting derby for the next five yrs with prizes to the most killed, pregnant, biggest,....and this is open to kids 8 and up. In Wis, they have gone over the "limit" in just 5 days of most of the sections to hunt wolves and in one, they shot twice as many as they were supposed to. In 5 days, 106 wolves.The pics they post are absolutely disgusting!!! In Idahell on the Sheriff's page, they have pics of cops with a sign that says SSS wolves, a shovel, and a rifle. Its absolutely disgusting and heartbreaking that they are killing any wolves seen which in turn breaks up the family unit and instead of having a pack take down large game they have to resort to killing what lone wolves can kill to live. Coexisting options are out there but there is so much ignorance and hatred that the ranchers (some) won't even try it. Here's some info to help fight back for Northern Rocky Wolves and don't forget our own Mexican Wolves. The proposal they have for then has nothing to do with science and will doom them.
Sally Jewell (sec of the int) 202-208-3100-- [email protected]
Dan Ashe (USFWS) 202-208-4717--- [email protected]
THUNDERCLAP http://bit.ly/1DqnvmC
NEW MEXICO MEETING NOV 13 @NORTHERN N M COLLEGE IN ESPANOLA NM --921 PASEO DE ONATE 87532 9AM-5PM
AZ MEETING AZ GAME AND FISH HEADQUARTERS
500 W CAREFREE HIGHWAY
PHX, AZ 85086
Please share this to all your friends on f/b and everywhere, we're headed for a 2nd extinction if they win.

audsley

Well Known Member
Geez, is this thread back again? After the first go round, I lost all respect for several individuals I'd previously thought might actually know something.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Gray Wolf Spotted in Grand Canyon for First Time in Decades?
The endangered predator hasn't lived in the region since the 1940s. I sure hope some idiot doesn't kill it.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141031-gray-wolves-grand-canyon-animals-science-rockies/
Ranchers (the meat and dairy industry that Americans so cling to) don’t like wolves who eat their livestock, and hunters don’t like wolves who create a balance in nature that reduces the argument to cull deer. So yeah . . . the odds aren’t so good . . .

Landshark

Well Known Member
The White Mountain Wildlife & Nature Center in Pinetop-Lakeside will host the ever popular Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary for their Discovery Series this Saturday 8/15/2015. Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary focuses its efforts greatly on educating the general public about the wild wolf, wolves and wolf-dogs in captivity, and the difference between wild and domestic animals.
http://www.wildspiritwolfsanctuary.org/index.php

Landshark

Well Known Member
Gray Wolf Spotted in Grand Canyon for First Time in Decades?
The endangered predator hasn't lived in the region since the 1940s. I sure hope some idiot doesn't kill it.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141031-gray-wolves-grand-canyon-animals-science-rockies/
Ranchers (the meat and dairy industry that Americans so cling to) don’t like wolves who eat their livestock, and hunters don’t like wolves who create a balance in nature that reduces the argument to cull deer. So yeah . . . the odds aren’t so good . . .
Grand Canyon Wolf That Made Epic Journey Shot Dead in Utah
The famed gray wolf that had traveled to the Grand Canyon from the Northern Rockies late last year is officially dead.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/02/150212-gray-wolves-grand-canyon-animals-science-rockies-dead/
She only lasted 6 weeks after being seen at the canyon. Sad...

jerry

Well Known Member

Landshark

Well Known Member
Overgrazing and the ongoing drought conditions is a big problem. Last fall Hawley Lake looked more like a mud puddle than a lake. Hope for rain and promote forest thinning.

jerry

Well Known Member
Ok...been up in the mountains in New Mexico this week and am revising my view... disciplined,well financed outfitters are thinning the Lions in a responsible way that after 4 years is allowing the deer to come back.I myself wouldn't shoot a treed lion but it isn't a canned hunting experience.It is a well organized impressive team effort...the half assed trappers and weekend guys as in my area are the problem...

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
My "friends' purchase varmint permits on the San Carlos reservation and proceed to shoot everything that moves including coyotes, bobcats, mountain lions, raccoons, skunks......All animals are left where they fall. They also sometimes shoot over a hundred dove each on private property-they claim they only shoot the invasive collared doves. These birds are never touched-just left on the ground to rot.

Last edited:

jerry

Well Known Member
My "friends' purchase varmint permits on the San Carlos reservation and proceed to shoot everything that moves including coyotes, bobcats, mountain lions, raccoons, skunks......All animals are left where they fall. They also sometimes shoot over a hundred dove each on private property-they claim they only shoot the invasive collared doves. These birds are never touched-just left on the ground to rot.
Yep...caught bow hunters in my barn finishing off a wounded Javelina..her baby cowering next to her...

Landshark

Well Known Member
Seems like a heads up phone call or email with names to the San Carlos Apaches would be appropriate. Hopefully they will run the bastards off next time. They don't take kindly to that kind of crap on their land. I'm not one to rat somebody out but this is bullshit.

jerry

Well Known Member
Bobcats are worth about $350 a pelt...they hang bait and set up multiple traps underneath....slow death....for a lot of dogs too

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Seems like a heads up phone call or email with names to the San Carlos Apaches would be appropriate. Hopefully they will run the bastards off next time. They don't take kindly to that kind of crap on their land. I'm not one to rat somebody out but this is bullshit.
Actually the Tribe issues permits for Coyote kills, the problem is that the red blooded all American macho male get their jollies from killing.
Not to bemoan the point but I was at a barbecue last night and two guys were talking about the hunts they do on a private ranch in Texas, the ranch is right on the Rio Grande and sounds like it is loaded with game: "we usually stop on top of a bridge on the way in and shoot turtles for a while, then from the upper racks of the truck we try to pick off a few hogs we may see alongside the road" (which lay and rot) they all shoot at least one deer and take it, one turkey and hog (they typically keep the big game but not always), they also hang around the dump and shoot coyotes and then for night time fun bait raccoons with sardines to come near and then shoot them.

My last words on this issue: One of my best friends was an All American Football player in College and a big macho but sensitive guy who I took care of while he slowly died from cancer. My friend had hunted and fished everywhere but told me one day he had done enough killing in his life he said "you know, I have never killed anything out of necessity so I got to thinking that I was killing for fun, the thought of killing an animal purely for my own fun made me think a lot and killing for fun is not a happy or positive spot for anybody to be in". These words changed my attitude about the issue.