New Painted Murals in B. Juarez and Calle 13

InkaRoads

cronopiador
That is a Great, a very nice idea.

My vote is with: Una Joventud comprometida con la comunidad

What does the other side say.... * la cultura???

Beautifying RP is so easy,..... a big thank the all participants.
the other side says:

"Juventud fomentando la cultura"

it translate as "youth promoting culture"

but it is different because in spanish "fomentar" is more like when the chicken warm the eggs, the hen is delicatelly and lovenly sitting in the eggs for long time for them to incubate correctly so the perfect chick comes out (will that be Rachel Welch). :eek3:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Here is mine;

Rocky Point, your children are defenseless
Holding the yoke of your necks you bow down
Your blood now irrigates the farm land

Now a foot stamps with our blood.

A seal of wax / the seal now with blood.

That is pain expressed.
Of course yours is so much closer to the true meaning of the message in "prosa" that the artist is trying to convey, those auto translators are no good for poetry, they just butchered it, IMHO I would never use one of those translators they are really bad even in plain spanish or english when translated.
I understand it as:

In front of your homeland,
under the yoke the folding spirit of your unarmed/defenceless sons.
with blood your field irrigate
stumping your feet in blood

The murals are soppose to have one common theme: the bicentenial of Mexico.

So, I think that this one in particular #5 has more to do with the strugle of Mexico prior to thier independence from the french

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Unfortunatelly, I was on my way out of town and trying to fight the traffic to take some of the pictures, so there are some shadowed and hard to actually appreciate the work, nice and colorfull and one more attraction to come and see!!

Wahoo, what is worst than that is that many english speaking people are learning that dialect instead and swear?sp it is true spanish, although I also call it castellano, like most South Americans, dispite their little differences! :eek3:

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Now I get it, Inka so it sounds phonetically right. Insa would be wrong......
Actually the proper spelling is "INKA" the spaniards changed it to "INCA" since "K" is a letter not used in castellian/spanish that often.

I was born in Miraflores and lived there for a couple of years until my family moved to the beach when basically I learn to swim before walking !!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Now I get it, Inka so it sounds phonetically right. Insa would be wrong......
The actual correct spelling is "INKA" the spaniards changed it to "INCA" since the letter "K" is not very commonly used in castellian or spanish.
I was born in Miraflores and lived there for a year until my family moved to the beach due to some breathing problems I had and of course I almost learn to swim before walking, therefore sometimes you might see me swiming in RP in the middle of the winter,as long as the sun is warm and I can dry myself inmediatelly after coming of the water, since I am not 20 anymore!! :eek3:

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I am feeling hungry now!! last night we had for dinner "ocopa" to start and ended with "tallarin saltado con carne", the last is a very fast meal and delicious!!! sorry I try to load some fotos to give you mental image of yesteryears too!! but some how I couldn't.
Tomorrow will be aji de gallina, can't wait my favorite!!! although I love chipotles I think is not like aji panca, try "El Yucateco" chipotle sauce in Bloody Mary's, all you need is vodka, tomatoe juice and the sauce and a couple of olives, mmmmmmmm!!! gotta go to make a drink instead!! :eek3:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I think you are hitting a spark.. a seed for RP. Cuisine is always attraction >>>>>

I have been in many spots in RP and food has always been a problem. Bland.. sorry Gaston. You have dropped off the radar with sandy calms. A tourist does not seek american fare. But goes back to his american fare after a bad experience.

Spice is needed in RP, and recipes to add to the RP experience will be good.
Something is in the planning stages, and for desert a "suspiro a la limena", by the way "huacatay or guacatay" is known as "epazote" in Mexico.
may as well finish with a "helado de lucuma" remmember the flavor and the texture so creammmy!!!!
"La Reina de Michoacan" is the only ice cream parlor in PP, as you approach Portofino, to the left is Posada la Roca to it's left is La Reina..) that gets close or have the texture but the flavor must be imported from Peru!!
By the way La Reina, has a rose petal ice cream that is very interesting, however it is only seasonal, worth trying!! another plug? :eek3:

Last edited: