New RP Travel Guide

Roberto

This message came to TD website, thought it might interest someone.

Gringo's Quick and Easy Guide to Rocky Pointllo,
This is Kevin and Ingrid the authors of The Quick and Easy Guide To Rocky Point Mexico. We are asking for your help in writing our travel guide book called "The Gringo's Quick and Easy Guide to Rocky Point Mexico". We have been coming down to Puerto Penasco for 18 years and noticed there is no travel guide books on Rocky Point Mexico available in the United States. There was one 10 years ago that is no longer in publication. We also noticed how the bad publicity and economy has affected Puerto Penasco. We are writing this travel guide book to help clear the airways on the bad publicity that some of the US media outlets and the U.S. State Department has given about Rocky Point Mexico. We are doing comparisons of crime statistics in Rocky Point versus U.S. cities to show the American people just how safe Rocky Point really is. This book will clear the bad publicity Rocky Point Mexico has got in the past couple of years. Many Americans think that the problems with the cartel is all over Mexico, which we know is no true. We want to explain to them that Rocky Point is perfectly safe and in some instances safer than most U.S. cities.
We are going to release our book in mid February of 2012. We will publish a new travel guide every year so our guide book will be the most up to date and accurate travel guide book on the market for Puerto Penasco. This will also let us address any bad publicity problems that might come up during the year and let new business's advertise in our book. The book is a 8.5" x 5.5" Full color 200 page travel guide that helps people find a place to stay, eat, drink ,and have fun in Rocky Point Mexico and will be available at every major book store and over 200 internet retailers. Our publisher, Xlibris, plans to publish a minimum of 20,000 copies for starters and more when needed. Our book will also be available in digital media format for iPad and Kindle users.
We are looking for promoters, sponsors, and advertisers to help offset the publication cost of our book and in the long run will help bring the American and Canadian tourists back to Rocky Point Mexico. Overall this book will greatly help Puerto Penasco's tourism and economy for many years to come.

We can send you our media pack and some more info on our book we are writing if interested. Please let us know if you can help. We would love for you to be in our book.

Thanks Kevin Hill and Ingrid Morataya from H and M Travel Guides [email protected]

Last edited:

Roberto

It's one of those deals where they get income from both advertising and sale of the book. Most of the content will probably be provided by advertorials, articles written and paid for by advertisers. Also note the language "Our publisher, Xlibris, plans to publish a minimum of 20,000 copies for starters " that is not a guaranteed print run and in effect they have NO circulation, only sales. It's a money making attempt offered as a service and a favor to the community. Maps and information about the community will be probably be incomplete, showing only advertisers. An actual travel guide would be a complete and accurate guide, but maybe that's what they will publish.

Was just about to say, who wants to carry around a book that will be outdated in less than a year? Then I noticed this!
Our book will also be available in digital media format for iPad and Kindle users.
Although I probably went through half-a-dozen or more copies of the old The Rocky Point Gringo Guide (you may be able to pick one up at your local Bookman's), things are changing so fast down there it's hard to keep track of all the new businesses, not to mention the dozens that have either moved, changed names, went broke, etc. Would look forward to have a copy of that on my iPad, if even for quick references to addresses and maps when wi-fi is not available and some out-of-the-ordinary supply or service is needed. I'd want to quickly scan the print copy to see if it was worth it, however...

BTW, what is the "TD" website?

mondone

Whitecaps
Was just about to say, who wants to carry around a book that will be outdated in less than a year? Then I noticed this!

Although I probably went through half-a-dozen or more copies of the old The Rocky Point Gringo Guide (you may be able to pick one up at your local Bookman's), things are changing so fast down there it's hard to keep track of all the new businesses, not to mention the dozens that have either moved, changed names, went broke, etc. Would look forward to have a copy of that on my iPad, if even for quick references to addresses and maps when wi-fi is not available and some out-of-the-ordinary supply or service is needed. I'd want to quickly scan the print copy to see if it was worth it, however...

BTW, what is the "TD" website?
TD= Twin Dolphins

AZ ROB

cheap asses need to pay for content
Suprised the U.S. Govt didn't give them a million dollars for this thru the stimulus plan, I would bet if it was being printed in a "GREEN BUILDING" the check would already be cashed.

Suprised the U.S. Govt didn't give them a million dollars for this thru the stimulus plan, I would bet if it was being printed in a "GREEN BUILDING" the check would already be cashed.
If it was a guide to the Muslim mosques of Mexico....it would be a lock to get funding from the State Department!!!

Bad Joe!!!....politically incorrect Joe!!!!:ham::stir: