New Rules for Las Conchas Beach use ??

Roberto

Well Known Member
Las Conchas / beaches to the east (This would be all the way to the Mayan ?)
  • Has anyone else noticed these issues regarding the new rules??

• Copied below are the new rules for beach use in Las Conchas.
  • Additional monitoring via HOA personnel and periodic public safety staff. (How enforced??)
Beach Vendors / Bananas, etc.

• Strict health protocols ( Which - List??) in place by City including (?But not limited to??) use of masks, providing antibacterial gel, social distancing to prevent crowding; clients must use masks when interacting with beach vendors, services
  • Beach vendors can set up space – under strict social distancing – in period from 6 am – 8 am (those with carts, stands, etc.)
  • Vendors cannot remain in one place for extended periods of time ( ?How long is that ?)
  • Specific indications and extra measures (and what are those??) in place for those offering braids, henna tattoos, and massage – indications from COESPRISSON (State Health Commission)
  • Water activities – banana, jet ski, etc. ( and what are those protocols ???) strict protocols in place, and depends on instructions from Harbor Master (Who is free to change the rules whenever ??)

Nowhere does it say all the rules will be posted in detail so that people can avoid a problem with enforcement. The rules are vague and easily enforced capriciously. What are the penalties? "Specific indications ", "extra measures", "An extended period of time". "Strict (but undefined) protocols". These new rules will be an overlay of all the old laws and rules as I read it. "No fireworks, No Atvs, etc"

How many miles of beach is covered by these rules? How many staff will it take to patrol and who would they be?

brokenwave

Well Known Member
The enforcement of these rules could be the problem on the Eastern beaches, places in Cholla and to the north because
there's many miles of beaches to cover with limited personnel and vehicles.
They really need a dozen shore patrol boats to monitor all this.
This is all really making my head hurt.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Las Conchas / beaches to the east (This would be all the way to the Mayan ?)
  • Has anyone else noticed these issues regarding the new rules??

• Copied below are the new rules for beach use in Las Conchas.
  • Additional monitoring via HOA personnel and periodic public safety staff. (How enforced??)
Beach Vendors / Bananas, etc.

• Strict health protocols ( Which - List??) in place by City including (?But not limited to??) use of masks, providing antibacterial gel, social distancing to prevent crowding; clients must use masks when interacting with beach vendors, services
  • Beach vendors can set up space – under strict social distancing – in period from 6 am – 8 am (those with carts, stands, etc.)
  • Vendors cannot remain in one place for extended periods of time ( ?How long is that ?)
  • Specific indications and extra measures (and what are those??) in place for those offering braids, henna tattoos, and massage – indications from COESPRISSON (State Health Commission)
  • Water activities – banana, jet ski, etc. ( and what are those protocols ???) strict protocols in place, and depends on instructions from Harbor Master (Who is free to change the rules whenever ??)

Nowhere does it say all the rules will be posted in detail so that people can avoid a problem with enforcement. The rules are vague and easily enforced capriciously. What are the penalties? "Specific indications ", "extra measures", "An extended period of time". "Strict (but undefined) protocols". These new rules will be an overlay of all the old laws and rules as I read it. "No fireworks, No Atvs, etc"

How many miles of beach is covered by these rules? How many staff will it take to patrol and who would they be?
My guess would be if you're white be prepared with plenty of cash on hand to be paying for things that you didn't even know were illegal.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
The enforcement of these rules could be the problem on the Eastern beaches, places in Cholla and to the north because
there's many miles of beaches to cover with limited personnel and vehicles.
They really need a dozen shore patrol boats to monitor all this.
This is all really making my head hurt.
I don't know... Cholla Bay used to be so safe against police harassment but after you guys decided to contract out to Penasco muni it got worse. I've been stopped at night for having my LED lights on. They drive around now, mean mugging. Meanwhile, during covid people's houses are getting broken into. Better to have them than not but it would be better if it was community policed because then you can build relationships instead of this Penasco muni cop mean mugging people that are there 20% of the year and or family of people that live there permanently.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
My guess would be if you're white be prepared with plenty of cash on hand to be paying for things that you didn't even know were illegal.
Lot's of Mexican nationals and from the US flood Penasco in Summer, so they'll be paying too. Mordida see's no color

joanC

Well Known Member
LOL...naive, broken wave. Your advice is nonsense.

You may have not spent much time here in the last 10 years...no ?

Mordida is based upon the " foreigner opportunity " that presents.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
We've spent a lot of time in Mexico and Penasco for 20+ years because we own a home there.
Greedy cops like $$ from anyone, they prey on anyone but especially like cars with US plates.
Go look on FB there are posts from Mexican's getting stopped and Mordidaified.
So who's naive?

playaperro

El Pirata
Says that only up to 10 people can gather at pelican point, Bahia Choya and estero la Choya, lotta locals going to be pissed in cholla. Who knows where the cops in residence will let you park, be a good investment to buy tow truck.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I bet the locals will be peeved, this time of the year on weekends there are hundred's of people in the water at the Cholla beaches.
It should be interesting to see how this will be enforced.