New sport fishing and nautical tourism requirements

Has anyone dealt with this yet? I am probably going to PP in February and I hope conditions are still good for some fishing. They just mentioned new fishing regulations on the news here a couple of days ago. According to the Instituto de Migracion web site this is new:

http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Pesca_Deportiva_Turismo_Nautico/en.html

The comments say this applies "lf you are a foreigner and want to enter Mexican Territory by sea with recreational, sports , or leisure purposes or to practice any recreational water activity and you are on board a vessel intended solely for personal pleasure of her owners and not profit oriented."

If I understand correctly the boat is not required to have a permit and this only applies when entering by sea but I am just trying to verify the information with someone who may have experience on this. I happen to have dual citizenship so I don't think this even applies to me but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
This permit system is mainly for Califonia fishermen who cross the border into Mexican coastal waters.

There are no International borders on the Sea of Cortez - it is considered to be Federal waters.