New Stuff in Penasco

Roberto

New Oxxo going up on Josefa at Fremont, close to Entrance to Unconscious. This will be the closest store to the beachside community.

Roberto

GOLD !! Street talk has it (from a friend who spoke to the Mining Co. reps) that a vein of gold has been discovered that runs almost to Penasco. Thru the Sierra La Pinta area where gold has been mined for hundreds of years. The new vein is reported to be large. I'm gettin my shovel out.

mondone

Whitecaps
GOLD !! Street talk has it (from a friend who spoke to the Mining Co. reps) that a vein of gold has been discovered that runs almost to Penasco. Thru the Sierra La Pinta area where gold has been mined for hundreds of years. The new vein is reported to be large. I'm gettin my shovel out.
Wish it ran under my Encanto beachfront. I could use the $$$ for all the repairs my casa has needed!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
The group found 3 large veins in Mexico, one of them found 30 km from Penasco, but not in the mountains, it was found in the sand. Fabi, has some land in Rosa Del Desierto, that runs from La Pinta to the checkpoint at Almejas and includes the mountain range north of the hiway to Caborca.. I hope its there, the President of her group, former school teacher Gabriel Diaz, said an offer had come in on the property. They hold 17,000 acres amongest the 72 members.

Roberto

Lagrimis, does the owner of the land always own the mineral rights or can they be seperate ownership as in the US.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Three new gold deposits have been discovered in the North West of Sonora, Mexico.
The Mexican Geologican Service has announced that the exploitation of these sites will be open to tender among mining companies.
The sites, named "Sierra Prieta," "Elena" and "Amelia," bear all the conditions for exploitation and mineral extraction.
Sonora is Mexico's main gold producer with a production of 27,000 tons of the metal in 2011.
Source: Sexenio is an online news site based in Puebla, Mexico, that covers domestic and international breaking news and events. Tags: Gold

(From Mining.com)

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Lagrimis, does the owner of the land always own the mineral rights or can they be seperate ownership as in the US.
Roberto, what russ posted says its open to mining companies, but it is alot like the U.S. as far a mineral rights go, I havent seen it in writing, but I have been told you own the land, but anything 1 meter deep and deeper belongs to the mexican Govt. There is also a company, now working to open your the "La Pinta" mine..A friend of mine took some rocks from the mine to have them tested in Tucson..... They had some silver and a small amount of gold. I heard about the find a couple weeks ago, they said 3 had been found in Mexico, with one being 30 km from Penasco, I didnt know the other 2 were also found in Sonora....My ex neighbor in San Felipe, had lots of quartz stacked under his television, just loaded with gold he was sneaking out of the mine in San Felipe....The gold mine in San Felipe is what rescued the town from the drop in tourism, if it pans out in Penasco it could work the same. As it is lots of people from Penasco are bused daily to the Herradura mine, I think it is Mexicos most productive gold mine.

Last edited:

Roberto

Sonora is Mexico's main gold producer with a production of 27,000 tons of the metal in 2011.
Source: Sexenio is an online news site based in Puebla, Mexico, that covers domestic and international breaking news and events. Tags: Gold
"The chamber added that refined gold production in Mexico reached 84.1 tonnes last year, with a market value of over $4 billion."

Some confusion unless a ton is different from a tonne !!??!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I believe the 27 tons is Sonora only and the other 84 tonnes is all of Mexico

and

1 ton = 2000 lb ~= 907kg~= 0.907 Tonne

1 tonne = 1000kg ~= 2205lb ~= 1.102 ton

Last edited:

Roberto

New Car Rental Opening. Sign is goin up as I type. Bufalos Car Rental in the old Nissan location between Combo Taco and Twin Dolphins right on Fremont. The rental office on Benito Juarez always seems to do well so I bet there's room for one more.

Roberto

The Go Kart racing track appears to have closed in the new location. Tires used to define the course are all piled up but the office trailer is still there.

ADR

I'm not sure on the bowling alley thing. Too gringo. Maybe it's just me, but I can't say I've ever seen a bowling alley anywhere in Mexico; doesn't seem to be a Mexican thing?? I dunno... but I definitely think putt-putt golf would be a hit. And as Roberto said, an amusement or water park.
There is or was a bowling alley in San Carlos, My kids and I have been to it several times, and it was always empty, but that could have been the summer season, or time of day..
The owner was very friendly, gave my kids some old bowling pins, which they still have 10 years later..