New to the forum

Hi,
My name is Terry and I am new to this forum. Currently we live in the state of Guerreo, in Playa Ventura. However we planning to move north, and Puerto Penasco is in our sights; my husband lived there for about a year, maybe 6-8 years ago. Plan to rent first to be sure we like the area, but plan to make a permanant move.
Just thought I'd introduce myself!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hi,
My name is Terry and I am new to this forum. Currently we live in the state of Guerreo, in Playa Ventura. However we planning to move north, and Puerto Penasco is in our sights; my husband lived there for about a year, maybe 6-8 years ago. Plan to rent first to be sure we like the area, but plan to make a permanant move.
Just thought I'd introduce myself!
Jesus, you live in Guerrero?! Top five narco state in Mexico IMHO.

El Gato

Terry, welcome to the forum - everyone is great about giving helpful tips about Penasco. My first time here was in '48 - needless to say, a few changes :) but the people are still warm and welcoming - more so then any place we have ever lived.

My family has been here for five months now and we could not be happier. Like your plans, we rented here first and now are making plans to purchase upon the completion of our lease. The school we have chosen has been fantastic and the children could not be happier. What's not to like with the ocean as the backyard playground?

Welcome!

Miakko

What school did you select for your children? We just leased a house for a year and the CIMA school came highly recommended.

Roberto

Hi Terry;
I'm a full timer here, have not even been to the border let alone cross in about 2 years. Generally Penasco is a quiet town, at least recently. You can find almost anything you need here. Tourism from the US has declined dramatically as visitors from Sonora and around Mexico has increased. Jobs can be difficult to find here. Used to be lots of construction but not now. The Mayan Palace is always hiring but the pay is low and the hours are brutal. Ask your questions when you want.

Hi Terry;
I'm a full timer here, have not even been to the border let alone cross in about 2 years. Generally Penasco is a quiet town, at least recently. You can find almost anything you need here. Tourism from the US has declined dramatically as visitors from Sonora and around Mexico has increased. Jobs can be difficult to find here. Used to be lots of construction but not now. The Mayan Palace is always hiring but the pay is low and the hours are brutal. Ask your questions when you want.
Hi Roberto, thnx for your comments. A couple of ideas my husband has are working the banana boats and selling silver on the beach. He did both of these things as well as cnstruction when he was living there previously...we really just need enough to pay rent while we try to sell the house we have here in Playa Ventura....oh and to keep him busy ha ha, he likes to work

We made the choice to send Tomas (4) and Sonia (7) to Instituto Sonora (behind the Ley Express). The school is operated by nuns and has an excellent staff. It is not completely bilingual, but the children's Spanish has improved dramatically. We made this choice based on two primary factors; the nuns are fantastic and the fact that transferring to another Catholic school in the states is much easier when coming from another.

The school has also embraced our children as their own.

I encourage you to visit the school and feel free to use my name as a referral.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We made the choice to send Tomas (4) and Sonia (7) to Instituto Sonora (behind the Ley Express). The school is operated by nuns and has an excellent staff. It is not completely bilingual, but the children's Spanish has improved dramatically. We made this choice based on two primary factors; the nuns are fantastic and the fact that transferring to another Catholic school in the states is much easier when coming from another.

Being bilingual is so 2030! Your kids will love you for it some day when they get older. I had spanish at that age at a Catholic school here in Phx in pry 1990 but it was only key words and counting. It obviously created an interest as I got older for not only the language but the culture. If your kids are learning verbs, God bless you! You are the man! #whitekidsspeakingspanish #thefuture

Miakko

Thank you:)