New Years Visit with my new baby girl!

So I've been kinda MIA around here lately. My wife and I just had our first child, a beautiful baby girl named Piper. She is about 2 months old now and we can't wait to take her down to RP for her first time for new years. Who else is heading down that weekend? Anything I should be wary of bringing a newborn down?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I'll be there from New Years Eve morning until the afternoon of the 3rd..... Congrats on your baby! I don't know anything about babies as I never had one but I would bring enough formula to last because you may not be able to get that particular brand there. Maybe some mothers here could chime in.....

Last edited:
I echo ladyjeepers recommendation on the baby's food. Bring everything to maintain her diet for your stay + 20% (boy scout be prepared planning)

IF you have an understanding pediatrician, you might do a preventative visit for any potential meds he/she might send you with. (anti biotics, etc...)

After that, just bring a good stash of your normal baby Over the Counter stuff, fever, stomach, thermometer, neosporin, etc...so you have a good travel medical kit.

My kids are older now, but i always travel with fully stocked first aid kit and repair kit (tools, duct tape, super glue, gorilla glue, fishing line, blah blah...)

T

Tomcat

When I brought my 1 year old son to meet his family in the Philippines... I had a good supply of GERM X hand wash (kills 99% germs) and had anyone holding my baby wash there hands with that. Prevention helped keep my son happy and healthy :) Have a great trip !
So I've been kinda MIA around here lately. My wife and I just had our first child, a beautiful baby girl named Piper. She is about 2 months old now and we can't wait to take her down to RP for her first time for new years. Who else is heading down that weekend? Anything I should be wary of bringing a newborn down?

We just brought our 1st child to Rocky Point last month...she was 6 months old.

Formula...went to Walmart and brought a bunch of the quart size jugs. They are premixed so its alot easier.
Bottles...just bring a few...make sure you bring the microwave stream bags to clean the bottles. I don't trust the water even in the dishwasher.
Pack and play for sleeping
Something to put on the ground...mat or thick blanket.
As for bathing...we found the best thing was to broil a big pot of tap water 4-5 hours before bath time. Then we let the pot sit and cool down....by bath time, the water temp was just right
Strollers...forget it...with the sand and uneven sidewalks...it was easier to use the baby carrier (ie Baby Bjorn)

We will also be down the week of Christmas to New years

Enjoy your visit with your child....my daughter's been going down since before she was born.....LOL....

I just have a comment/question......someone suggested bringing some antibacterial hand cleaner......are we as a society becoming so hyper about bacteria and using antibacterial wipes and soap...that we will not develop resistance to any bacteria that comes along and turns into an epidemic that kills millions? I notice it when I go to the market....everyone is wiping the carts with those free wipes....even after they've been sitting out in the 115 degree and bright sun. Oh well...off my soapbox!!!!

T

Tomcat

Joe,

I agree the use of antibacterial products have the potential to develop bacterial resistance. But Germ X only active ingredients is Ethyl Alcohol 63% and the other inactive ingredients are Moisturizes with Vitamin E. There is no research that has ever proved alcohol based hand cleaners cause humans to develop resistance to any bacteria. But then again maybe your right and WHO is wrong ? http://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/tools/en/index.html

Have a nice day !
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom....I wasn't saying that we will develop resistance to bacteria....I was trying to say that we will not develop any resistance thru normal exposure....

Just a thought.....but we all have to decide what is best for ourselves and our families....

Last edited:
T

Tomcat

Yeah i didn't write that last post very well sorry.. My point was germ x is not a antibacterial product. Its alcohol CHEERS !!! :)
Tom....I wasn't saying that we will develop resistance to bacteria....I was trying to say that we will not develop any resistance thru normal exposure....

Just a thought.....but we all have to decide what is best for ourselves and our families....