Newbie info - where to stay

DaveX

Hi,

My wife and I are interested in visiting Puerto Penasco for a couple of months, but know very little about it. We've been to Mexico a number of times, but never to Sonora. Grateful for any info people on here can provide, including links to existing content. We're mostly looking for places in the town itself or in Las Conchas.

Do many expats live in the Centro district of PP? Is it generally pretty safe?

Is Las Conchas 'gated', or just individual properties there? Is it generally pretty safe?

Recommendations on where to get MX car insurance for our American vehicle?

Recommendations on a local real estate agent that we can get info on places to rent (looking mostly on AirBnB and VRBO now)?

Is summer considered 'busy season'? We're thinking of coming down mid-April through the end of May

Any pickle ball courts there?

Thanks,

-Dave & JC

Check out some of the property management companies. Book Rocky Point, Mar De Cortez beach home rentals for example. And Yes! Lots of pickle ball around. One next to Bbq house just off of Calle 13 is great. 5 bucks all day includes gear!

audsley

April-May is a popular time for Americans to visit Rocky Point. That could make it hard to find a place for a couple of months. You might find it necessary to stay at more than one place.

Weather is generally quite comfortable until around mid-July when humidity increases with moisture coming up from the south. Much like Arizona, except in Rocky Point you get cooling from the ocean April through June. Once the humidity increases the ocean effect stops working and wise tourists look for other destinations.

Las Conchas is indeed generally safe, but most of the homes there are much bigger than one couple should require. That neighborhood would be your best bet if you can find a studio or one bedroom there.

There are some smaller places around the Miramar, but I've heard of some problems in that neighborhood and wouldn't recommend it.

AZRob

Las Conchas and sandy beach houses are nice. sandy beach you can do the sand trails and hills and retails are down the road or bring your own 4x4.