NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK!

Oh happy day! I am soooo glad you guys are finally back (shame on me for not finding you sooner). We are going down the 14th-20th of May (staying at PDO as usual!) and I have a couple of questions. We are not new to this but with the way everything is changing, you just never know. First question: our nephew-11 years old- will be going along, riding and staying with grandpa in his motorhome. Should his mom (my husband's sister) send a notorized letter with us giving us permission to seek medical attention, if need be, for him? (Or for any other reason should we need to prove that his is with us legally?) In a nutshell, he'll be traveling/staying with grandpa but we will be the responsible parties for him-anything special we should do for this situation? (We will have his birth cerificate but he doesn't have a passport yet). Second question: We will be bringing a small refrigerator (3.9 cu. ft.) with us in the motorhome. The cost was $120.00 and I am taking the receipt with us but do we need to declare it? We bought it because we get tired of having to re-organize, re-plenish and re-ice coolers all the time (it holds a lot of cerveza!), so it will be coming and going each trip with us. Stop by the park and have a cold one with us-don't know which space yet, just look for the sand rail with the Mexican flag on the whip parked in front of our rv-invitation is open to everyone!

Any help will be very much appreciated and once again, nice to have you all back! Just one more note--all the reports of drug/crime/swine in Mexico will not deter us. We have been going to RP for 10 years now and other than having some things stolen from us at PDO in the middle of the night last year, we have never had any problems. Knock on wood, lol! We love RP and will continue to visit there until we just can't do it anymore!

don

We've transported many of our friends childrens with us to RP. And we've always had a notarized letter (some were created by an attorney) #1 giving us permission to transport their children into Mexico AND #2 seek medical attention if needed.

We've taken a small portable AC unit (purchased new) with us many times and never had been asked about it. The box for the units was obviously purchased in the states and the agents didn't even bat an eye. Carrying the receipt in your mh paperwork would be a great idea though.

Just got back from RP and like everyone says the tourism has really dried up. So, your dollar goes a long way! It can be a 15/16 to 1 exchange rate. I've heard you're better off to exchange your dollars for pesos.

Thanks for the info Don. It looks like now because of the flu problem they are thinking of not going. In fact, last night while watching the evening news, my husband made the comment "maybe we should think about going somewhere else". My response? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! The only way to keep me out is to close the border and not let me in! We'll just wait and see what happens between now and then. (Might be kind of nice just the hubby and I--no father-in-law, sister-in-law, nephew, etc). As for the fridge, I'm sure we're cool. (no pun intended). I learned a couple of years ago that it is almost always beneficial to exchange dollars for pesos-I do it every trip now.

Beachgirl.......you and yours still going 14th - 20th? We are headed down 24th - 28th. Wouldn't normally go on holiday weekend due to crowds and higher condo rates. But with all the unfortunate negative press, got a somkin' deal at Sonoran Sun. But we are not worrried about anything. Friends of mine were there about a week ago and said all is well.....just kinda quiet.

J

Jamie75

Beachgirl.......you and yours still going 14th - 20th? We are headed down 24th - 28th. Wouldn't normally go on holiday weekend due to crowds and higher condo rates. But with all the unfortunate negative press, got a somkin' deal at Sonoran Sun. But we are not worrried about anything. Friends of mine were there about a week ago and said all is well.....just kinda quiet.

I know Seaside dropped their rates for the remainder of 2009 to off peak no matter when you head down. It's a great deal, especially on the long holiday weekends!