Nightclub

marybna

There is a small strip of land just past Sun. Yesterday I heard that some guys are going to relocate the bar from the Reef there and have outside music at night. I sure hope that is not true. I am at Bella because it is quiet. I do not want to hear bad loud music at night. If I want alot of noise I would go back to LP. Any one hear anything about this?

mis2810

If and when the home port gets built it's going to be noisy anyway. Think about all the traffic and noise from all the workers and people embarking and disembarking.

El Gato

If and when the home port gets built it's going to be noisy anyway. Think about all the traffic and noise from all the workers and people embarking and disembarking.
Once it is built there will only be a few times a week that you have the cruise ships coming and going - normally they come in that morning early - debark during the morning - then new passengers embark that afternoon. Of course, on any major weekend even now, it can get a little rowdy - especially on the Malecon. My favorite days for roaming around are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Weekends we stay put and leave the roads to the tourists.

Pinky

The proposal to build the new Wrecked between Esmeralda and the Sun was shot down. Wrecked at Jen's Joint was recently sold and Wrecked at the Reef will be closed permanently in September.

WOW......that really pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least my family and I will get to go once more over Memorial day weekend. Anyone else that will be down there, I say we do it BIG.

If I can talk myself into taking a week off, I'll be down on memorial day weekend. I'm really disappointed that Wrecked at the Reef will be closing, it was my favorite spot in RP. I hope something else opens to take it's place, it always seemed pretty busy so I thought they were doing well. If I make it down, I'm sure I'll be there as often as possible to enjoy it while it lasts.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
If I can talk myself into taking a week off, I'll be down on memorial day weekend. I'm really disappointed that Wrecked at the Reef will be closing, it was my favorite spot in RP. I hope something else opens to take it's place, it always seemed pretty busy so I thought they were doing well. If I make it down, I'm sure I'll be there as often as possible to enjoy it while it lasts.
Wrecked is doing fine. The Port is what is closing it. I said it before and I say it again, don't count Randy (the owner of wrecked) out he will open a new facility which will be as nice or nicer than the current Wrecked. These people know how to do it. I can't wait for the new Wrecked.

El Gato

When they build the port area they are going to want good restaurants within walking distance and I would think that they will offer Wrecked and Mare Blu first choice. Doubt they would move them until absolute necessary - a lot of work will start up that won't necessarily impact them directly and workers might want a place to relax nearby. Just a thought.

It will shut down along with the Wrecked and Mar Blu whenever the port construction actually starts, they just received the 1st phase of funding and are soliciting bids
for the construction.
Late summer to fall is latest I heard. But also heard there is a problem with it starting it this year. You pick the rumor.
When all the construction equipment shows up is we will know for sure.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
For those that like the peace and quiet lifestyle of penasco days of yesteryear, you may not like what will develop over the next 5 years. Expect more people, nightclubs, bars, restaurants and other tourist driven facilities. As I understand, one can still find peace and quiet further south of Penasco.