No repercussion

RP Life

Well Known Member
I have been living in RP 5 years. I was awaken to a loud boom at 3:00 a.m. on June 17, 2019 to find my front gate crashed with a car and police arriving within minutes after. I have seen from other posts that others have received positive results from the local police. Unfortunately I have not had the same results. They of course said they were in the area and saw the crash which is difficult to believe when 4 or more police cars arrived at the same time from different directions so they were chasing them. I tried several times to submit the video at the police station, but was told they could not help me because I do not speak fluent Spanish. In the video you can see 2 kids running from the car. I also found out the car belongs to Hersson Cartagena Calles. The police said that they have them because they tried to claim the car and lied that they paid me for the repairs which surprise they did not. I gave copies of the invoice for the gate to the cops 15,000 pesos to have them pay but they could not afford it. So as you can guess no one paid and I got no resolution. 1 month earlier an suv came and a person jumped over my 6 ft wall to rob me twice. Gave the to police video, license plate, and description no arrest was made 2004 White Chevy Trail Blazer with California plates 6YIE127. 2 weeks later someone on video stole a blue barrel garbage can in the middle of the day with garbage in it they had to cut the chain with bolt cutters. Hard to be positive at this point.

FYI the date and time stamp in the pic is incorrect I could not upload the video here1.png2.png3.pngCNyuYtiUsAAK7bX.jpg.

rplarry

Well Known Member
I have been living in RP 5 years. I was awaken to a loud boom at 3:00 a.m. on June 17, 2019 to find my front gate crashed with a car and police arriving within minutes after. I have seen from other posts that others have received positive results from the local police. Unfortunately I have not had the same results. They of course said they were in the area and saw the crash which is difficult to believe when 4 or more police cars arrived at the same time from different directions so they were chasing them. I tried several times to submit the video at the police station, but was told they could not help me because I do not speak fluent Spanish. In the video you can see 2 kids running from the car. I also found out the car belongs to Hersson Cartagena Calles. The police said that they have them because they tried to claim the car and lied that they paid me for the repairs which surprise they did not. I gave copies of the invoice for the gate to the cops 15,000 pesos to have them pay but they could not afford it. So as you can guess no one paid and I got no resolution. 1 month earlier an suv came and a person jumped over my 6 ft wall to rob me twice. Gave the to police video, license plate, and description no arrest was made 2004 White Chevy Trail Blazer with California plates 6YIE127. 2 weeks later someone on video stole a blue barrel garbage can in the middle of the day with garbage in it they had to cut the chain with bolt cutters. Hard to be positive at this point.

FYI the date and time stamp in the pic is incorrect I could not upload the video hereView attachment 16814View attachment 16815View attachment 16816View attachment 16817.
Not sure if it just me ? but I found your post the way it was written kind of confusing.

Is it possible for you to give us the cliff notes version of what you believe happened and why you don’t trust the police ??

RP Life

Well Known Member
I didn't say I don't trust the police. I just don't find them helpful in resolving this matter when they have the information of who is responsible.
I was unable to post the video and had to just do screen shots. It shows in the video that the vehicle was traveling at a high speed when it crashed and then four police cars showing up coming from different directions. It appears to have been a high speed chase resulting in a crash. . They never arrested or cited these people that tried to recover the vehicle from the police station. No one was held accountable for what they did.
I mentioned the other incident involving some one trying to come into my house two days in a row and gave the police pictures of the suv, the license plate and description of the people. The update on that was they never found them.

I use to feel safe in my house, but now I have doubts if people can do whatever and not be held accountable for their actions. I also thought they had more bilingual police officers and staff then what I witnessed on three separate days and times. They advertise this in the newspaper all of the time to make us feel more comfortable about visiting here.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I didn't say I don't trust the police. I just don't find them helpful in resolving this matter when they have the information of who is responsible.
I was unable to post the video and had to just do screen shots. It shows in the video that the vehicle was traveling at a high speed when it crashed and then four police cars showing up coming from different directions. It appears to have been a high speed chase resulting in a crash. . They never arrested or cited these people that tried to recover the vehicle from the police station. No one was held accountable for what they did.
I mentioned the other incident involving some one trying to come into my house two days in a row and gave the police pictures of the suv, the license plate and description of the people. The update on that was they never found them.

I use to feel safe in my house, but now I have doubts if people can do whatever and not be held accountable for their actions. I also thought they had more bilingual police officers and staff then what I witnessed on three separate days and times. They advertise this in the newspaper all of the time to make us feel more comfortable about visiting here.

Take the matter to the Plaza Don... I'm sure these instances were not "sanctioned". Street court will take care of the rest...