Not okay to bring your own beer?

B

Bearmo01

Hey everyone,

I'm a rookie to PP and was wondering if it's okay to bring my own beers there. Will they ask me at a checkpoint? Will I have to dump it if I get caught? Any info would be great.

Thank you,

Bear

InkaRoads

cronopiador
you can take all the beer you want, up to a point, if they ask you it will be at the border in the mexican customs and not in the safety checkpoints, welcome to the forum!!

AZ ROB

I think the R.P. Times states how much you are allowed to bring in but I can't seem to find one around here to look it up

Bob Oso

Ink's right, they'll get you at the border, Mexico side coming in. I've been taged a few times. They won't make you pour it out, they'l just ask you to contribute the "On duty protrol person monetary releif fund" contribution are always negotiable. Just be polite but firm, and most importantly, keep it on the down low.

Personally I'll take a couple twelve packs for back-up purposes, but recently even though I can buy beer cheaper in the US I've been leaning more towards supporting the economy of RP and purchasing my beer there. I patronize the same vendor, and have got to know them fairly well. He appreciates it, and seem to cut me a little break on the on each purchase, like a bag of ice, limes, simple snacks for the kids whatever. Anyway, welcome to the forum!

JimMcG

Hey everyone,

I'm a rookie to PP and was wondering if it's okay to bring my own beers there. Will they ask me at a checkpoint? Will I have to dump it if I get caught? Any info would be great.

Thank you,

Bear
Three liters of wine or alcohol per person from the duty free store, or one case of beer per person have always been acceptable to the Mexican Authorities, if they even check.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Is that a trick question? LOL! To answer this will require x's and y's. Too much for me! LOL!

Last edited:

mis2810

Is that a trick question? LOL! To answer this will require x's and y's. Too much for me! LOL!
LOL Chari! Not a trick question - I really want to know. I'm just too lazy and not very good at math! Then there's that whole converting mililiters thing - my head hurts. When we came back to Phoenix we had 3 cases of beer and a bottle of tequila with us. Oh yeah, and chicken and vegetables also. :eek:

A

azbeachboy

Trust me, hide your beer on the bottom of you ice chest and they will never find it. As you get older your ice chest gets bigger.

B

Bearmo01

Great answers everyone! Thanks for the advice to the new guy...it's much appreciated. I'm all about supporting the local economy in PP as well, I suppose I'll bring "back up beer", but buy the majority of my suds there.

Kindly,

Bear

JimMcG

LOL Chari! Not a trick question - I really want to know. I'm just too lazy and not very good at math! Then there's that whole converting mililiters thing - my head hurts. When we came back to Phoenix we had 3 cases of beer and a bottle of tequila with us. Oh yeah, and chicken and vegetables also. :eek:
One 24 bottle case of 12 oz bottles: 24X12=288oz divided by 32= 9 quarts or slightly less than 9 liters.

joester

2 salty dawgs
it's one liter of liquor AND one case of beer per adult (over 18) coming back into USA.
going into Mexico - one case beer, 3 liters of liquor per adult.
that's my story and I'm stickin to it :)

cheatka

A few yrs ago my brother went down with an ice chest full of Bud and they confiscated it at the border, he was pissed.