November travel

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
The weather is close to perfect in November. Sunday on Thanksgiving weekend is usually one of the worst days to be in the line in Sonyota to cross the border at Lukeville. Some people plan to leave on Saturday as a result. Recently I‘ve seen multiple lanes open. Maybe, maybe if they have multiple lanes open and you arrive in Sonyota around the time the border opens Sunday morning you will be OK. When I started going to Puerto Peñasco I immediately found a video showing a four hour wait for cars arriving mid afternoon on the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend.

Dammitdriver

Is there
The weather is close to perfect in November. Sunday on Thanksgiving weekend is usually one of the worst days to be in the line in Sonyota to cross the border at Lukeville. Some people plan to leave on Saturday as a result. Recently I‘ve seen multiple lanes open. Maybe, maybe if they have multiple lanes open and you arrive in Sonyota around the time the border opens Sunday morning you will be OK. When I started going to Puerto Peñasco I immediately found a video showing a four hour wait for cars arriving mid afternoon on the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend.
is there jellyfish and the traffic crossing from the USA to Mexico how’s that is it busy.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
One hour waits heading south are not uncommon at the start of holiday weekends. I’ve never seen jellyfish at my beach. I would worry more about stepping on a skate (stingray).

Dammitdriver

Thank you for that information is there anything else you could tell me about traveling to puerto peñasco in November are the stingray dangerous and and is there a lot of them out in the beach/ocean

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
The rays are small. Their stings are comparable to bee stings. Wear sandals while walking out into the water. Make your lodging reservations early. Do not carry any firearms or ammunition into Mexico unless you would like to stay for 3 years. If you have any special dietary needs consider carrying in items that might be difficult to find. While in Puerto Peñasco keep your gas tank above half. It is not unusual for gas stations to run dry near the end of holiday weekends. Try to plan some of your activities including restaurants in advance.

humerto

I've been stung by stingrays, bees, scorpions and wasps. No comparison. Stingrays is the most painful by far. However, not likely to see them in November. Learn to do the "stingray shuffle" , especially at low tide. I agree that November weather is great.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Yeah, stingrays can leave a little pin prick or a gaping hole, depending on size (maturity) of critter. As Humerto says, November is not their season. In any case, a good habit is the "stingray shuffle" when wading -- shuffling feet along bottom avoids the startle that prompts them to sting, and they swim off.
Also, regarding November, another high-traffic time is the Bike Rally, which is usually for several days surrounding the second weekend in November. Then -- as well as Thanksgiving -- best to head north on Monday or (better) Tuesday, early am.

Last edited:

SunDevil

Well Known Member
Weather can be hit or miss. Weather was very nice last year fir TDay. 3 years. Windy, cold and rainy.