Noviembre to Remembre W/Pics (156k Killer)

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We made it down again this past weekend. Saturday night crossed the border at approximately 6pm. Got the red light. Agent asked for YET SKY registration and then proceeded to look at the front of my truck. He came back to the window and asked if we speak spanish. We both said NO thinking this was about to be a can of worms. He then says es muy bonita la troka. LOL thank god. I thought we were getting cavity searched. Then proceeded 50 ft and THIS TIME the national guard came out in front of my truck with a hand gesture to stop. In this instance is when you oblige. Then guy asked if we spoke spanish and we both answered no. Mine was a white lie and my girlfriend's a brown lie. Sorry, can of worms if you say yes. Then he asks us to get out of the vehicle. Really not wanting to and it being dark and them being accused of robbing travelers I immediately used psychology and played the handicap card. Showed him my hand control and asked him to get my walker out of the bed of my truck in English. He looked real nervous and I could see that I had just made the GAME too hard for him. He gave in and let us go. I love games. I like psychology even more. Of course this was after he asked us if we had guns or drugs. WHO BRINGS DRUGS TO MEXICO????????!!!!!!!! That's like bringing sand to the beach! Got to Cholla Bay around 8pm. Had a bite to eat at CB Oyster House. Nothing to complain about. Decent food, good beer (Negra Modelo) and dinner for two $28. Sunday morning woke up and farted around before finally getting on the water at 10am. We started trolling Pelican Point east towards Pinto Point. We immediately hooked up with an Orange Mouth Corvina that was at least 20" but perhaps a little bigger. Fish came off at the boat due to my girlfriend being a greenhorn but she was having fun so no worries there. We hooked up again with another shortfin Corvina soon after that but again lost it at the boat. Had to give Claudia a few pointers about how to handle the fish when it gets to the boat because she wanted to keep reeling and that was pulling the fish up out of the water and allowing them to flop around off of the hooks before we could boat them. Trolled around some more after that with no takers. Anchored at Pinto Point and suited up to get into the drink. Man the water was COLD. I saw as low as 73.4 but the average was right around 74 degrees both days. That's a 10 degree difference from two weeks ago when we were there last. Even with the wetsuit you could feel the pockets of cold water and I didn't have a hood so I could only stand to be in for about an hour. I did manage to shoot my first fish. A smaller Trigger but nonetheless, I got it. Didn't see anything else worth while unfortunately. The water clarity was only about 10ft this weekend however. I thought it would be crystal clear after seeing it last trip a couple of weeks ago and with there virtually being no wind for 5 straight days but I was wrong. I later assumed it was because this was a bigger tide weekend and I could feel how strong the current was this time when I was in the water. We got incredibly lucky with MR FISH being open. Sunday night we had MR FISH TACO on the patio at Pinto Point and watched the sun set behind the mountains of BAJA 79 miles away. That never gets old! Monday morning we woke up early this time and got out on the water by 8am even though it should have been earlier but we had a tough time launching the YET SKY in the bay because the tide was so low. I was being cheap and didn't want to pay for VILLA to launch us. With my truck half way under water and some effort we finally got it off the trailer. We went straight to Pelican Point and started trolling east again towards Pinto Point. Right as we passed Pinto Point we hooked up again with an Orange Mouth Corvina a little over 20" that we boated this time. Claudia was all smiles and super happy as this was her first ever nice fish that she did all on her own. Shortly after that we did get another shorter OMC east of Pinto Point near the backside of Competition. Never got into the water the second day. Too cold for my blood. I'll have to get a hood and maybe a 5mm wetsuit if I want to cold water dive. We got to see some dolphins both days so that was cool. Not as epic as last October but still fun to have wild animals of that size that close to the boat. All in all another awesome two days in paradise away from the daily grind. Shoutout to BROKENWAVE for some awesome drone pics and amazing hospitality! We can't thank you enough and can't wait to get back down. Sad to hear that RP may be closing and or reinstalling the sanitary filter soon. We hope not. Not sure what the point of that would be. They can't even enforce the mask mandate. Mexico can't help but shoot themselves in the foot time after time. KIKO I HAVE MORE MONEY TO SPEND, HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT IT?????????????????? Put that filter up and it stays here. Keep the filter down and I will bring MORE CASH to spend this month. Trip home was uneventful. I have used my expired passport twice now with NOT ONE WORD about it. Still have yet to get the new X RAY machine. 3 hours and 40 minutes to Glendale and the 51 freeway.

CHOLLA BAY 4 LIFE

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Anyone in Cholla Bay know how much the person wants for the center console boat parked across the street from Hippy house heading towards Pinto Point? Has a for SAIL sign on it and the GF might be wanting to get into the center console game... That means my 2 year sales pitch is finally starting to SINK in.

Nicolai

Joe, I ran into a gentleman who calls himself Thomas selling an 80s model center console it's a hydra sport, wants 5500.00 I think it's 23' or so?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
That sure was a grown up answer.
First of all, who are you? Secondly, this is my thread. Last, you're the child that commented on a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with politics and or the president. I guess one more point to add. The current president of the united states of America lost a fair election in his rebid effort. Now go fuck yourself troll.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Gaymeister the troll says, "that sure was a grown up answer". Coming from a guy who went onto a thread about fishing to type a nonsensical sentence about Donald DRUMPF. Get the fuck out of here. Next!

Actually now that we're on that topic thanks to gaymeister, where's STEVE MADURO and QUEEN?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY STEVE!!! YOU PUSSY !!!! Good thing you didn't put that money where your big fat mouth is!

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
Gaymeister the troll says, "that sure was a grown up answer". Coming from a guy who went onto a thread about fishing to type a nonsensical sentence about Donald DRUMPF. Get the fuck out of here. Next!

Actually now that we're on that topic thanks to gaymeister, where's STEVE MADURO and QUEEN?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY STEVE!!! YOU PUSSY !!!! Good thing you didn't put that money where your big fat mouth is!
I set IGNORE on all of those lame ass trolls. Hope to meet you, Brokenwave and the other real people on this forum soon.

Maduro steve

Well Known Member
I

Im still here , and your so wrong on this anything but fair election . Pull your head out of cnn tush. My money went to President Trumps campaign , money better spent . There is no President elect , only the electoral college can call it not the media . Beijing Biden will be in hospice not knowing where he is . Yes , I'm still here .

Maduro steve

Well Known Member
Was just there on the Oct 27 came home Nov 5 , great time . Rosy's and la curva were good . Been going to RP for 20 plus years . Any questions please ask . That's why I'm on this site