Noviembre to Remembre W/Pics (156k Killer)

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I would be interested in your current fishing vessel/Rig MJ.
The plan is to sell it. Winter time is hard to sell unless you lower the price significantly. Summer time you set price high and let demand take over. Before I pass it on to the next person I need to do a few things. Trailer needs new bearing seals and the box put back on it. I need to cut the bottom out of the box and weld in some new sheet metal. Once I feel it's good for the next person, I'll let you know here in the next few months. I told the GF that I'm only getting rid of it for a center console. There's another center console for sale in Phoenix, has been for a year but the boat is in RP. It's newer and looks a little more hooked up for same price but this guy kind of seems flakey and every time we talk it never leads anywhere. 5500 for that Hydra Sport seems a little high for an 82. If the deck and transom are good and motor runs it's definitely worth it. The other one is near same price but has T Top already and about 15 years newer lol... Doesn't matter though if the deck and transom are good. And probably the fuel tank. Those rust and are usually only replaced when the deck is redone. I hate the above deck auxiliary tank. I've actually done a little bit of fiberglass work here and there on both my front and rear of my truck so I have a little experience and I'm 100% DIY 100% of the time these days so I wouldn't mind having to do the work if the price was right. The only problem with the jet ski is that I can pry get $2700-2800 for it. I'd feel bad gouging you Cheddar. Let's talk though because the money is getting bank rolled into a boat if it's even possible. This used to be a pipe dream but I think it's actually possible now. Lot of work but so is everything I do. Never stopped me before.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
For the non aficionado I say White Sea Bass. If you fish and or know salt species well, it's the White Sea Bass cousin, the Orange Mouth Corvina. Even if you know them well, they are still very similar. I've since learned a little bit more about the differences and variations after catching my large OMC a year and half ago in Cholla Bay. I thought I had hooked a Totoaba and now I know that both the OMC and Totoaba have that convex tail point goes outward and the middle back hump. Difference there is that the T Bass lower jaw is protruded out past the upper jaw essentially they have an underbite. Corvina and WSB have overbite. WSB does not have mid back hump on dorsal side and WSB also has concave tail fin shape.

Orange Mouth Corvina (google images, not mine)

White Sea Bass

Totoaba (T-Bass) Sea of Cortez only

I always start with WSB and work my way backwards when telling people what it is if they don't know fishing or specific fish species. You say OMC and the next question/response from the person you're talking to is, WHAT IS THAT? Or, I'm not familiar with that. Almost everyone is familiar with White Sea Bass, especially if you live on the west coast. This is one of CA's bread and butter fish.