Oil Change

Rocky Point Rides

Relax.....we're driving!!
I have been using Baja 1000 for many years, they are on Fremont Blvd across from Black Dog, very good and honest and their prices are very cheap compare to USA but very reasonable compare to local prices and like many mexican mechanics you take your parts and they only charge for the labor!!
But unlike Playa says, they do install the new parts!!

Last edited:
Anyplace in town carry parts for newer vehicles. I had a wheel bearing disintegrate on a 1997 F250.... back around 2003....and couldn't find the part in town.

El Gato

At Baja 1000 do they have the oil there that you can buy or do you have to go elsewhere? And if so, where would be a good place to buy oil? Tks

Rocky Point Rides

Relax.....we're driving!!
they will have the basic necesities for car and parts too, however as Joe says they might have to order it and take a few days to get your later year model car parts if you do not have them with you, however even if you take your own oil and filter they will do it for you!! remember that the habits and costumes are very different and the way business is conducted is too! Luis Enrique, the main man there, is very nice and helpfull you can even call him at (638) 383-8513 or 383-8230 if calling from USA add 011-52 before the area code (638).
If your car is a later model you will most definetly need to take the oil filter to avoid any unforseen delays or using the old filter.

playaperro

El Pirata
I have been using Baja 1000 for many years, they are on Fremont Blvd across from Black Dog, very good and honest and their prices are very cheap compare to USA but very reasonable compare to local prices and like many mexican mechanics you take your parts and they only charge for the labor!!
But unlike Playa says, they do install the new parts!!
He asked where. Russ said he gets his done for free if he buys the oil. drinks free beer at JJ's. I guess you call them perks, and yes Baja is a good place.