Old Pictures of Penasco

El Gato

Thanks for the site -enjoyed them (looked like my parent's old 'woody' in one:) - Also, on the stairs by the Old Playa Hermosa does anyone (Ladyjeeper) remember the mark that showed how high the tide got one time - I believe in a storm - all the way up to the parking area I believe.

Roberto

Wow, what fun. Some of those photos are in the little book on the history of Penasco. Lots of fun trying to figure out where the photo was taken. Interesting to note some things stay the same as we still use those steel 50 gal. drums for trash! Wonder who had the photos, MORE, MORE.

AZ ROB

If anybody has a high quality Scanner I still have a 1952 AZ. Highways I would love to have scanned. My scanner coesn't do the pics justice as well as the paper not being 8 1/2 x 11. Roberto I will have Michelle throw it into the truck when we come down this weekend.. The article is really good as well.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
What cool pics, Miramar! Yes, El Gato, I remember the high water mark. Sheryl, the mercantile building later became Leonardo's...... I gotta go dig my pics out and scan them and post them.........I have some way cool stuff from the 60's and 70's......... Thanks for posting and please, in the words of Roberto, more, more, more......

AZ ROB

Is the 1952 AZ Highways about Penasco, if so, what month? I would love to see those as well!
I believe it is the April issue. the article was written about a Dr. here in Phx. by a patient he took to rocky point. and the pictures of the Marlin they caught
looks like they hung them up at the scales by JJ's. But it also stated that he would always catch and release except for this time when they wanted the photo op.