Outfitting my inflatable pontoon boat

Scrounger

We took “ Little Red “ for the test run at Patagonia lake . all went well except for an issue with fuel supply siphon, I had to repeatedly pump the primer bulb. It seemed to improve greatly after I unscrewed gas gap a bit. #1 We found out that little red is LITTLE for two people !! 10.5’, 5hp, heavy duty Hepalon 4 ply seamed pvc, Aluminum floor w/air keel. I’ve rigged up a 7lb anchor w/ 100’ Rope & pulley system. The dolly wheels worked well at launch. I am not sure about in sand though, as we will be launching from, The Reef RV park this coming week. I’ve always really appreciated all youR guys help with Tips for me when I shorefished both estuaries. As I’m a novice skipper I will be asking for help. Any tidbits of knowledge I would welcome! Of course I’ll be watching weather and tides closely. Only short excursions until more comfortable. By the way how far is Pelican point from the jetty anyhow !! ⚓

Attachments

Last edited:

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
We took “ Little Red “ for the test run at Patagonia lake . all went well except for an issue with fuel supply siphon, I had to repeatedly pump the primer bulb. It seemed to improve greatly after I unscrewed gas gap a bit. #1 We found out that little red is LITTLE for two people !! 10.5’, 5hp, heavy duty Hepalon 4 ply seamed pvc, Aluminum floor w/air keel. I’ve rigged up a 7lb anchor w/ 100’ Rope & pulley system. The dolly wheels worked well at launch. I am not sure about in sand though, as we will be launching from, The Reef RV park this coming week. I’ve always really appreciated all youR guys help with Tips for me when I shorefished both estuaries. As I’m a novice skipper I will be asking for help. Any tidbits of knowledge I would welcome! Of course I’ll be watching weather and tides closely. Only short excursions until more comfortable. By the way how far is Pelican point from the jetty anyhow !! ⚓
Your boat looks great!. Although it will be a little tight with two people fishing just have fun. Those tires will be difficul to drag through sand-we have given up using the tires and take the boat to the water in pieces: boat, motor, extra pieces like chairs & cooler.......

JoseAz

Well Known Member
we rinse ours every trip. run it for a bit in a trash can half full of water.
i also learned to unplug the gas line and let it run out of gas. that keeps the carburetor from gumming up and she starts up quick next time down