Oven needs repaired

gail

Don't suppose anyone can direct me to someone in RP who can fix an old O'Keefe & Merritt stove? I love this thing but the oven has never worked...maybe it’s the thermocouple (whatever that is..) or ????? If I can get it repaired I might even get some parts of it re-chromed; which leads me to the next question. Can anyone point me to someone who can re-chrome stove parts in RP?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Gail

gail

OMG, 14 years without an oven and we finally called La Flamita and voila I can now bake a cake! This is really exciting as we live pretty simply when we're down here. Omar at La Flamita didn't have a car so Jeff and I went and picked him up and brought him out to Cholla. He totally cleaned the stove (no more black soot on the bottom of my pans now either) then he went to work on the ovens. He got the big oven working and is getting parts for the smaller oven. He charged us $50 for all his work (and future work when the parts come in) plus the cost of the part. He was incredibly thorough; I would highly recommend him if you have a propane appliance that needs service. I could have kissed him when that oven went on. Thank you Miramar for the referral!!!!!

Now that I'm on a roll, I want to start re-chrome plating this old girl. Jerry, since I don't get up to Tucson too often I need a plating shop on this side of the border. Any ideas anyone? My alternative is to take all the chrome parts off the stove and take them all the way back to Seattle and bring them back. There is a lot of chrome on this old O'Keefe & Merritt to drag 1400 miles......

-Gail