Oyster Experience sustainable tourism, delicious too!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Drive out Freemont towards Caborca about 2 miles or so from the Las Conchas turnoff, you will see a sign pointing you to Ostiones, go past that to the next entrance "El Barco" turn toward the sea and drive a few miles on dirt when you get to the end you will see the oyster bar on your left. Enjoy!

badfish

Thanks Russ. I am going to be there next weekend from the 14th to 18th with my family and in laws. I want to take them there. I looked online and found the route there. Some posts said to bring hot sauce and beer. Will they have them or should I bring them? Also I want to go to the one you went to? Is there several palapas or one that I should look for?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Go to El Barco! They have beer and they have coke for the kiddos and they have about 6 different hot sauces available. Try them raw (crudo) steamed (a vapor) or prepared (preparo) they all are good and will please almost anybody in your group. Expect to pay 6.00 a dozen for raw, a little more for steamed and about 8.00 - 9.00 a dozen for the ones prepared by cooking with cheese and fresh salsa .....yum I think I will go there now!