Oyster Farm Directions

fasteddy

thanks to Russ's advice, we went to both places last time we were down. I had the prepared oysters at Punta Roja and they were great.
not much for bathrooms there, for the guys this isn't much of a problem but for girls it is an issue.
El Barco is much closer and has a lot more customers. if i was to go again i would probably just go to El Barco.

Ed

mondone

Whitecaps
Didnt someone mention on here there is a time during the year you cant eat the oysters.
Urban legend. Goes back to the time of no refrigeration. I elaborated on this topic quite a while ago on the forum. Search for it if you like.

I went to El Barco last monday morning at about 11am with 4 other buddies- it was unbelievable and everybody loved it. We brought our own beer just in case, and had a few down on the beach while they were getting the food ready, but they did have beer also which we gladly purchased when we sat down to eat. We tried the fresh oysters, also the grilled one with cheese and salsa, and finally some sting ray (manta) tacos and quesadillas. Well worth the trip, only 10-15 minutes or so outside of town, and I would definitely go back. Big thumbs up!

At Punta Roja you should also try the crab tostatos. they are wonderful
Do they serve quesadillas at Punta Roja? Still trying to decide between El Barco & Punta Roja. Crab tostadas sounds amazing so we are leaning towards Punta but our kids aren't into seafood

mondone

Whitecaps
Do they serve quesadillas at Punta Roja? Still trying to decide between El Barco & Punta Roja. Crab tostadas sounds amazing so we are leaning towards Punta but our kids aren't into seafood
Just crab tostadas and both raw and grilled oysters at Punta Roja.