Oyster Farm Hours??

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Coming down in February for the annual Boo Bar Poker Run the day after the Super Bowl. Does anyone know if one, any or all the oyster farms are open on a Sunday or Tuesday? We have all day Sunday and most of the day Tuesday and somehow neither me or my GF have ever been to the oyster farm. Months that end in ER right?

Monday is the run so can't do it Monday.

Thanks!

I will take any information. You can be a hater, cheerleader, one of the 4 Corvina or a ratfink commie. I don't care. COMMENT!!! that's why you read the forum.

richwi

We live across the estuary from the oyster farms and can see them from out house. You can go any day during daylight hours

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We live across the estuary from the oyster farms and can see them from out house. You can go any day during daylight hours

Thanks for the information. I hope you're right! Been wanting to go for years and now the GF really wants to go so I told her this next trip we will try and go if it's open.

Is El Barco the one to go to? It looks like the best. Either El Barco or the first one to the west...

richwi

This is probably heresy, but I really don't care much for oysters. When we have guests that do I usually take them to El Barco or a small one on our side of the estuary called Punta Roja

Roberto

I don't care for them raw. Not much flavor. And the texture is like swallowing a huge goober. I got the Sh$t$ once and was told not to slurp the raw juice but to pour it off. Makes no sense. But I have had them roasted in the shell and they are tasty with a dash of hot sauce. Now something really good is oyster stew. we used to get oysters maybe one time a year back in the Appalachians where I grew up. You had to preorder them with a local who in season would drive to the coast and bring them back. My mother would stew them in a white cream sauce. Delicious. I wish someone would prepare stew in one of the restaurants. I have the impression that they do not last long once out of the ocean. But there is good evidence that they have provided food for many hundreds of years.