Pablo and Raul can get hitched in Sonora

jerry

MEXICO CITY — Mexico's Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that all 31 states must recognize same-sex marriages performed in the capital, though its decision does not force those states to begin marrying gay couples in their territory.

In a 9-2 decision, the tribunal cited an article of the constitution requiring states to recognize legal contracts drawn up elsewhere.

Hey new tourism possibility for RP...gay weddings!

Mexico City's same-sex marriage law, enacted in March, extends to wedded gay couples the right to adopt children, to jointly apply for bank loans, to inherit wealth and to be covered by their spouses' insurance policies. Some of those may end up applying only in the capital.

The Supreme Court ruled last week that same-sex weddings are constitutional – though it is holding separate discussions this week on the adoption clause.

One of the justices, Sergio Aguirre, argued against adoptions by same-sex couples Tuesday, saying children might suffer

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I see an opportunity - translation and sales of "Why Does Jose Have Two Daddys?" (or two mommies).

Seriously, Mexicans have some odd beliefs when it comes to gays anyway. No, I haven't studied this in any detail, but have talked to my Mexican friends about it. Most think being a "mariposa" is extremely deviant. Most are totally unaccepting of it; more homophobic than here in the US. Also very odd is the belief that you're not gay if you are the "pitcher", only if you're the "catcher" of a gay act. Difficult to explain without getting graphic, but I'm sure you understand. And the whole transvestite thing in Mexico? Sheesh, that was a couple of interesting conversations!

Obligatory Seinfeld "Not that there's anything wrong with that" statement goes here.

JimMcG

I see an opportunity - translation and sales of "Why Does Jose Have Two Daddys?" (or two mommies).

Seriously, Mexicans have some odd beliefs when it comes to gays anyway. No, I haven't studied this in any detail, but have talked to my Mexican friends about it. Most think being a "mariposa" is extremely deviant. Most are totally unaccepting of it; more homophobic than here in the US. Also very odd is the belief that you're not gay if you are the "pitcher", only if you're the "catcher" of a gay act. Difficult to explain without getting graphic, but I'm sure you understand. And the whole transvestite thing in Mexico? Sheesh, that was a couple of interesting conversations!

Obligatory Seinfeld "Not that there's anything wrong with that" statement goes here.

No, Stuart, you left me totally confused. Could you please clarify line by line for me? Thanks.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
No, Stuart, you left me totally confused. Could you please clarify line by line for me? Thanks.
I could, but it will cost you! HAHAHAHA! :veg:

Reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where Homer's boss Mr. Burns says to Homer - "I just want you to love me." And Homer replies - "Okay, but I'm gonna need some beer first!"

Kenny

:woo::woo:I guess this means I could marry Noon after all !!
It looks like the above means I won't be staying over at Roberto's place again. Even the guest room below the apartment might be to close..if you get my drift.:roll: