Pacifico bottles at modelorama?

kazpilot25

Hey everyone. When we were down for thanksgiving every modelorama was out of Pacifico and said there was a shortage. Does anyone here know if there is Pacifico in stock now?

We’re coming down next week and I need to get my Pacifico fix. Looking to get a few cases.

rplarry

Well Known Member
Never been to a Modelorama store, always go to a Corona/Bud Light store.

We were down a couple weeks ago and had no problem picking up Pacifico.

usually go to the Corona store north of the Las Conchas Pemex on Blvd Josefina Ortiz de Dominguez
FA27B6D5-2C43-4E7E-AEEC-E6C9C7B1EBDF.jpeg

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I glad to hear there is some availability.
Last week, I went to 3 different Modelorama's and there weren't any 12 oz bottles of Pacifico's in stock, I had to settle for Pacifico lite and Victoria.
Since Oct it seems there has been a shortage of Pacifico around town, very, hit or miss on being in stock/

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Finally Pacifico 12 oz in bottles availability is better, I found it in 2 different Modeloramas, 2 on the Cholla road near Benito Juarez
and at the Ron Rico store in Cholla.
All 3 had less than 12 bottles at each store. 2 different restaurants that serve it either had Pacifico Lite or other Corona products.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Finally Pacifico 12 oz in bottles availability is better, I found it in 2 different Modeloramas, 2 on the Cholla road near Benito Juarez
and at the Ron Rico store in Cholla.
All 3 had less than 12 bottles at each store. 2 different restaurants that serve it either had Pacifico Lite or other Corona products.
I always thought that Pacifico was NOT a Modelo beer???? I love Negra and you can't find it anywhere so we've been going to a few of the Modeloramas around town, one of them on cardboard mall street heading east past railroad and San Luis.

ChuckNoll

Pacifico is owned by Grupo Modelo, which in turn is owned by Anheuser Busch Inbev. Their other brands include Corona, Victoria, Estrella Jalisco and Leon.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
El Tapeo at the Laos Mar has a great selection of Mexican crafts, including several they brew themselves. Colin's Cantina at Princesa has a decent selection. Lagunitas IPA is easy to find as well.
How is El Tapeo? The last couple of trips down we've wanted to go there for dinner. After seeing Russ post about it a couple of times and reviewing the restaurant on Google we want to try it ASAP. Hopefully this month for Claudia B day. I want to try some Sonoran microbrew. I'm surprised there aren't a few more microbrews in RP. I know San Luis, Caborca, Mexicali, and all of baja has microbrews and bottled micro from elsewhere in Mexico. I'm guessing distribution is dissent and squashed pretty hard by INBEV or whoever it is that owns the market in Mexico.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Pacifico is owned by Grupo Modelo, which in turn is owned by Anheuser Busch Inbev. Their other brands include Corona, Victoria, Estrella Jalisco and Leon.
Yes I'm aware of those. As well as Inbev. Thank you for the clarification. I will note that. Might have to try more Pacifico. One of my buddies swears by it!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Leon... damn! I need to try this asap! I wasn't even aware of it. Thanks CHUCK!

Leon - Munich Dunkel

I love how the good beers in Mexico are basically German. Dos X, Amber especially, Negra, Bohemia, Leon...

Can you get Leon in the US?

ChuckNoll

How is El Tapeo? The last couple of trips down we've wanted to go there for dinner. After seeing Russ post about it a couple of times and reviewing the restaurant on Google we want to try it ASAP. Hopefully this month for Claudia B day. I want to try some Sonoran microbrew. I'm surprised there aren't a few more microbrews in RP. I know San Luis, Caborca, Mexicali, and all of baja has microbrews and bottled micro from elsewhere in Mexico. I'm guessing distribution is dissent and squashed pretty hard by INBEV or whoever it is that owns the market in Mexico.
We really enjoyed it. My wife is a wine drinker, so she has mostly resorted to Margaritas when in town. The server was incredibly knowledgeable about both the large selection of Mexican wines and craft beers they stock. We had a wine and beer flight and each came with a little food pairing for each sample. They have a fairly extensive list of tapas and what we tried was excellent. They had a full bar which looked respectable. Great atmosphere with three different seating areas, live music a couple of nights each week and a view of the water, albeit from a distance.