Paddleboarding with Dolphins

Wow!!!
How'd you manage to get into them? I have tried in a kayak, but they go so fast I can never intercept them.

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
This time, I was already out there lying on my board futzing with my new camera when I heard them snorting behind me. Other times, I see 'em coming and grab and go from shore. They'll slow down and play, letting me easily stay in with them for a half hour or more.

What's really cool is when they spyhop, or stop and poke their heads out of the water to look at me in the air. I figure it's their version of snorkeling: "Hey, I went spyhopping today, and I saw two kayakers, a panga, a paddleboarder, and a bunch of birds!"

Keep after 'em! :)

As I am sure you already know, they are probably the most intelligent creature in the sea....smarter than a lot of land dwellers IMHO. ;)
They were in a playful mood that day and as you said, they were checking you out.
That's great stuff.
Oh, forgot to say..... Great music along with the video. (I'm homesick again)

Sarina

Yes! This is my very favorite activity. When I see them, I grab my board and run for the water. Sometimes I am not fast enough and other times I get really lucky.

Landshark

My daughter, probably age 12 then, saw them and ran for the water. Swam out a little trying to get in front of them. Most turned and went around her, but a little one swam up to her and stopped with its nose out of the water right in front of her face. She reached out and touched it. Don't know who panicked more, daughter or dolphin. The dolphin whirled around and swam off and daughter screamed and swam for shore as fast as possible. She still tells the story now, 12 years later.

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
That was freakin' amazing!! I am officially jealous now :D! Thanks for sharing.

and the surf is so calm at times which makes it a lot easier for paddle boarding. Not that I know from experience. ;)
Just looks like it would be.