Parvo

Roberto

Seems to be the case. An unfortunate way the stray dog jpopulation is reduced. The city vaccinates dogs, but only for rabies and many think that free vaccination is all the dog needs. The local vets do have parvo vaccine.

If you've never seen a dog suffering from parvo...it is brutal. One of mine (that I got from a shelter years ago) had it.....daily stays at the vet to get an IV (she couldn't keep anything down...food or water), carrying her out for her to do her "stuff" since she couldn't even stand on her own....took almost 2 weeks....but she survived...lived till almost 14.

ron6639

Only good days
Thank you for your input regarding Parvo. I know the results of the illness. I thank Roberto for actually answering my question.
Ron

Thank you for your input regarding Parvo. I know the results of the illness. I thank Roberto for actually answering my question.
Ron
You're welcome...I'm so glad you were able to find the information you were looking for! I'm so glad you have an intimate knowledge of Parvo. I'm sure many don't know the seriousness of the disease.

I apologize for taking the thread off topic, especially since you already had an answer to your specific question! I promise never to do it again, if everybody else does! :stir:

jerry

Joe ron6639 doesn't need your sarcasm or one of your Grampa stories. Hejust might need this joke:
A man brought a very limp dog into the veterinary clinic. As he lay the dog on the table, the doctor pulled out his stethoscope, placing the receptor on the dog's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm sorry, but your dog has passed away."
"What?" screamed the man. "How can you tell? You haven't done any testing on him or anything. I want another opinion!"
With that, the vet turned and left the room. In a few moments, he returned with a Labrador Retriever. The Retriever went right to work, checking the poor dead dog out thoroughly with his nose. After a considerable amount of sniffing, the Retriever sadly shook his head and said, "Bark" (meaning "dead as a doornail").
The veterinarian then took the Labrador out and returned in a few moments with a cat, who also carefully sniffed out the poor dog on the table. As had his predecessors, the cat sadly shook his head and said, "Meow" (meaning "he's history"). He then jumped off the table and ran out of the room.
The veterinarian handed the man a bill for $600. The dog's owner went berserk. "$600! Just to tell me my dog is dead? This is outrageous!"
The vet shook his head sadly and explained. "If you had taken my word for it, the charge would have been $50, but you wanted the Lab work and the cat scan."

Joe ron6639 doesn't need your sarcasm or one of your Grampa stories. Hejust might need this joke:
A man brought a very limp dog into the veterinary clinic. As he lay the dog on the table, the doctor pulled out his stethoscope, placing the receptor on the dog's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm sorry, but your dog has passed away."
"What?" screamed the man. "How can you tell? You haven't done any testing on him or anything. I want another opinion!"
With that, the vet turned and left the room. In a few moments, he returned with a Labrador Retriever. The Retriever went right to work, checking the poor dead dog out thoroughly with his nose. After a considerable amount of sniffing, the Retriever sadly shook his head and said, "Bark" (meaning "dead as a doornail").
The veterinarian then took the Labrador out and returned in a few moments with a cat, who also carefully sniffed out the poor dog on the table. As had his predecessors, the cat sadly shook his head and said, "Meow" (meaning "he's history"). He then jumped off the table and ran out of the room.
The veterinarian handed the man a bill for $600. The dog's owner went berserk. "$600! Just to tell me my dog is dead? This is outrageous!"
The vet shook his head sadly and explained. "If you had taken my word for it, the charge would have been $50, but you wanted the Lab work and the cat scan."
Ok Jerry...you got a chuckle out of me....

however....

We also don't need YOUR rat fink pinko commie outlook on the world with most of your posts.....but in general, most of us tolerate them...most of the time....

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
You're welcome...I'm so glad you were able to find the information you were looking for! I'm so glad you have an intimate knowledge of Parvo. I'm sure many don't know the seriousness of the disease.

I apologize for taking the thread off topic, especially since you already had an answer to your specific question! I promise never to do it again, if everybody else does! :stir:

I ACTUALLY LAUGHED MY ASS OFF WHEN THIS FORUM NEWB PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE JOEY!!!!!! LOLOLOL and he's right, thank you to ROBERTO who actually answered the question being asked... Joe you would do well working at FOX NEWS. A question for RPJOE, what color is the sky? Joe answers, the ocean is blue.

Mexico Joe....I just love pots calling kettles.....

Someone starts a thread.....

Grouper Tournament This Year?

Any word on the dates? In the past, it always seemed to be over Mothers' Day weekend and I'd miss it. I'd *really* like to participate this year!

Someone responds....

• Y'all otta take a hiatus from the Grouper hunt and go on a project to improve the habitat. Maybe refloat the Fiesta Cruiser and build Rob's reef. Or you could go harris the long liners, that would be fun.

And then YOU post.....

When I was about 13 or 14 my buddy and I used to take the kayak out in the middle of Cholla Bay and snorkel the nets looking for fish to CUT FREE, lol we thought we were doing the world justice back then...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Mexico Joe....I just love pots calling kettles.....

Someone starts a thread.....

Grouper Tournament This Year?

Any word on the dates? In the past, it always seemed to be over Mothers' Day weekend and I'd miss it. I'd *really* like to participate this year!

Someone responds....

• Y'all otta take a hiatus from the Grouper hunt and go on a project to improve the habitat. Maybe refloat the Fiesta Cruiser and build Rob's reef. Or you could go harris the long liners, that would be fun.

And then YOU post.....

When I was about 13 or 14 my buddy and I used to take the kayak out in the middle of Cholla Bay and snorkel the nets looking for fish to CUT FREE, lol we thought we were doing the world justice back then...

I didnt attempt to answer Stuarts question because I have no relevant information to share regarding the grouper tourney. I was making a comment to Roberto, whereas you were making a comment to the poster in regards to the post. The guy put you in your place and it was pretty funny.

The only way your argument would be valid is if Stuart asked about the grouper tourney and then I responded DIRECTLY to him with some irrelevant bullcrap... Stuart sez, When is the grouper tourney? RPJOE sez, grouper are a fine fish, they are usually found within the first 200 feet of the water column and can be caught on a variety of lures or bait.... SMH

Mexico Joe....your logic (???) escapes me.....off topic is off topic.....whether you are responding to the OP or someone else who was also off topic in the thread.

The OP already had his answer from Roberto when I posted a comment, somewhat nostalgically about my dog that had, and survived, parvo. Following your logic (???), I was responding to the remainder of Roberto's post, and not DIRECTLY to the OP!

I'm sure that you would have responded to a newbie's indignant response more harshly than I had.........

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Oh, come on. This is a "Discussion" forum...emphasis on "discussion." Ron6639 comes off as a wee bit snooty. Sorry for too much information and you not getting the specific response you wanted. Talking to a mirror would work, and some others on this forum only say what others want to hear...I'm sure you can figure out who "they" are. Geeeeez.

Roberto

Sheesh, if I just would have NOT answered the question this would have never happened. This forum always reminds me of a group of people sitting at a bar. Anyone can talk to anyone and the composition of the group flows as people come and go. Some have a long song to sing others are mute, some have multiple axes to grind others don't give a sh*t.

Back relevant to the original topic. Barb's Dog Rescue out in Las Lagrimis is in dire need for either Parvo vaccine or donations to get them vaccinated. Someone dropped off another pregnant dog a day or so ago and she had to put down another parvo victim recently. The vet goes out to euthanize, but that costs money too. She gets the sickest of the sick and tries to nurse them but although money is spent some just do not survive.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Sheesh, if I just would have NOT answered the question this would have never happened. This forum always reminds me of a group of people sitting at a bar. Anyone can talk to anyone and the composition of the group flows as people come and go. Some have a long song to sing others are mute, some have multiple axes to grind others don't give a sh*t.

Back relevant to the original topic. Barb's Dog Rescue out in Las Lagrimis is in dire need for either Parvo vaccine or donations to get them vaccinated. Someone dropped off another pregnant dog a day or so ago and she had to put down another parvo victim recently. The vet goes out to euthanize, but that costs money too. She gets the sickest of the sick and tries to nurse them but although money is spent some just do not survive.
Hey Roberto, I've already had my Parvo shot, so I'm good to go. Can I drop off a check for Barb at your office next week? Other than you, to whom should it be made out.

Look forward to getting down there, but as far as seeing you..well that's cool too.

Roberto

That would be very good of you GV. All the stuff they say about you just cannot possibly be true!! Yes you can give the donation directly to Dee so you know it goes to the right person !! Make the check out to Dee Brooks porfavor. As far as you seeing me, thanks for the warning!

BTW, I had Pasta Carbonara at Pane E Vino and Luca out did himself again!! So much for your gout! How is it by the way?

GV Jack

Snorin God
That would be very good of you GV. All the stuff they say about you just cannot possibly be true!! Yes you can give the donation directly to Dee so you know it goes to the right person !! Make the check out to Dee Brooks porfavor. As far as you seeing me, thanks for the warning!

BTW, I had Pasta Carbonara at Pane E Vino and Luca out did himself again!! So much for your gout! How is it by the way?
OK Roberto. I'll make the check out to Dee Brooks Porfavor.

I can't wait to get to Panne y Vino again. Pasta Carbonara sounds awesome, but Chicken Marsala sounds more awesome or is it awesomer?

What day is it closed. It seems to me they changed since we were last there.

Also, gout is good for now, but after a few days down there what with, beer, shrimp and all, I expect I'll be back on the Nsaids again. :eek: