Passport

mikef

We are thinking about taking a few friends with us this year. They don't have passports. Will their drivers lincense and birth certificates be ok? We dill be driving down.

Rhino

Absolutely! I forgot my passport and passport card three weeks ago and came back through with just my AZ license; no problem. It is probably best to have birth certificates as well, however.

Roberto

Can one of the Mods make one of the many threads we've had on this topic a Sticky????
I like to be helpful, as many other here do as well, but it is tempting to ignore a genuine request when it appears and is answered with frequency. Not saying anything about the person asking, I understand people want to know. I think I"ll put a little write up in my documents on my computer that I can past and copy with a couple of clicks. You could too Joe.

I like to be helpful, as many other here do as well, but it is tempting to ignore a genuine request when it appears and is answered with frequency. Not saying anything about the person asking, I understand people want to know. I think I"ll put a little write up in my documents on my computer that I can past and copy with a couple of clicks. You could too Joe.
Roberto...I'm sorry if my post was misinterpreted....I could have made a snide remark to the OP...maybe it did come across that way, but that was not my intent.....I was just asking one of the Mods if they could pick one of the many threads there have been on the subject and make it a Sticky......however, on the subject of using the "Search" feature, I'd be glad to comment on that if someone wants.... :rofl: :stir:

Roberto

I don't think I misinterpreted your comment Joe. I was agreeing with what I thought was your intent, or trying to. I want people to be able to get advice here and think that maybe some of us will get tired of answering the same questions from infrequent users. I realize it is easier to just pop on here and write a quick request than to do a search or even notice a sticky. It's just the way people are, me too sometimes.

Roberto...I'm sorry if my post was misinterpreted....I could have made a snide remark to the OP...maybe it did come across that way, but that was not my intent.....I was just asking one of the Mods if they could pick one of the many threads there have been on the subject and make it a Sticky......however, on the subject of using the "Search" feature, I'd be glad to comment on that if someone wants.... :rofl: :stir:

Kenny

I don't think I misinterpreted your comment Joe.
Thats right Roberto, his comment was as clear as bell, as was the fact that he wasn't going to help either..STIR THAT JOE!:-D

I don't think I misinterpreted your comment Joe. I was agreeing with what I thought was your intent, or trying to. I want people to be able to get advice here and think that maybe some of us will get tired of answering the same questions from infrequent users. I realize it is easier to just pop on here and write a quick request than to do a search or even notice a sticky. It's just the way people are, me too sometimes.
Roberto...if you check back on my posts on here, I'm sure you'll find me being helpful frequently with information....in between some of the stirring(or arguing with a stop sign as some have characterized it).... but this topic has come up recently several times...which a "Read" of some of the threads, or a "Search" would have found.... I've seen newbies slapped down very severely on other forums, and occasionally even on here for a lack of using the "Search".....so pardon me for my seemingly bad behavior!!! NOT!!!!!

BTW Kenny and Roberto....you didn't answer the OP's question either!

I repeat for any of the MODs who may be reading....how about a "Sticky" on the subject?

To answer the OP....

A passport or passport card is not required for you to get back into the US....as long as you have an ID (birth certificate is always helpful) and it can be verified by the Customs people that you are a legal resident of the US. They can't keep you from coming back. The most is that you can get hassled or delayed somewhat at the border.

On the subject of needing a passport to get into Mexico, the opinion seems to be that you also don't need one, although I have been asked to show mine a couple of times when I got the red light crossing in. Since I had one each time I was stopped, I can't answer what would have happened without one.

Any corrections Roberto?

AZJD

Are you supposed to have one? Yes.

Do you need one to get into MExico and back into Arizona? No.

I go to Rocky Point all the time, and every time I with at least 2 people who don't have passports. If you are a US citizen, you can not be denied back into your own country. A DL and birth cert is fine.

But, go apply for a passport to save you the hassle.

Roberto

RP Joe;
You got me all wrong on this one. I was agreeing with you or trying to. I did not answer the OP because Rino got there first with a good response. I thought you and I were talking about the issue of the same question asked over and over and how to best deal with it and provide the requested information. As for Kenny, he's just bored and poked youy a little for fun.

Roberto...your post came across as a jab too.....no problemo...

I sometimes think Kenny needs a few Portugese man-of-war applied when he's wearing his fish scarin' outfit! :rofl:

Kenny

Roberto...your post came across as a jab too.....no problemo...

I sometimes think Kenny needs a few Portugese man-of-war applied when he's wearing his fish scarin' outfit!:rofl:
And I sometimes think you need to take responsibility for your words, even though you're the master of the passive aggressive response.

"passive aggressive"????....please...no "psycho"analysis allowed on this forum.....most of us would be in deep trouble!

Children children children

i agree we need a sticky. If for no other reason to make it easier for someone who would be asking the question to find an answer.

Rocky Point Rides

Relax.....we're driving!!
).... but this topic has come up recently several times...
Joe, from my point of view it means there are more people actually interested or going down to visit RP, I guess deep inside I want the RP of yesteryear's but I have decided to joined them in the progress, as you know with my business and all, so I really do NOT mind answering there question over and over again!

mikef, you are required to have a passport/pass-card by law if you are going to travel outside of the USA, however you can re-enter the USA naked if you want too, they can not deny access to you, they might hold you for a while to verify the accuracy of the information you gave them and to find some cloth your size, that's it!!
Good travels