Patty Perez RIP

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
My wife received a call from Patty's daughter Margret, that on August 13th Patty has finished her journey here and is on to her next. Didn't get into details, but appears to be nothing other than age catching up to her. I know that people had some rough dealings with her business, after her retiring due to illness, we did too, but there's no need to rehash that now.

Once Patty moved out of Penasco and into her daughter house in Cholla and across the street from us, we were able to spend more time with her and reminisce about the old times. Like back when she was the CB operator and launch director...and many more. The many dinners, celebrations and sometimes heartache that our family shared with hers. Although the physical part of her was slowing down, she was still very cognitive and able to converse quite well. It's a shame that the traditions of burials didn't allow us one last time to see her off, but we will relish the memories that we still have.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
I remember Patty in her shop right on the beach in Cholla-before she moved uphill. Patty was always good to me and even saved me one night.

Last edited:

joanC

Well Known Member
If Sr Oso, or any of his gringo friends have complaints about her honesty or integrity, we found her to be extremely honorable and dependable over many years.

We bought our first of 25 + properties in Penasco and environs from Patty, Boomer and Bill in about 1996, and many more later. Within a week following a cash- only closing in 1996 we had 20 picketers on the porch, and everywhere in the big yard in Mirador at 6 AM, demanding we pay the purchase price again to them because their fisher-cooperative agent, the vendor, "forgot" to give them their share. I was able to reach her by VHF, and Patty came by to explain to them their complaint was not with me. We learned later the protesters knew full well we had paid their agent in full and he had fled to sea with the cash, but they decided they could "jack up" a gringo to make her pay again.

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
If Sr Oso, or any of his gringo friends have complaints about her honesty or integrity, we found her to be extremely honorable and dependable over many years.

We bought our first of 25 + properties in Penasco and environs from Patty, Boomer and Bill in about 1996, and many more later. Within a week following a cash- only closing in 1996 we had 20 picketers on the porch, and everywhere in the big yard in Mirador at 6 AM, demanding we pay the purchase price again to them because their fisher-cooperative agent, the vendor, "forgot" to give them their share. I was able to reach her by VHF, and Patty came by to explain to them their complaint was not with me. We learned later the protesters knew full well we had paid their agent in full and he had fled to sea with the cash, but they decided they could "jack up" a gringo to make her pay again.
Is that what you got from my post? Questioning Patty's honesty and integrity, then plopping your lard ass down as some kind of narrative director. I'm not going to pretend to know what interactions you've had with her since 1996, but I can assure you I have, before then and even to this year. Now one cares, except you of course, how many properties you bought or own, and the fact that it's the first thing you have to mention only goes to show the self importance mindset of your character.