Peacemakers "WISH LIST" para los Niños

Hola Peacemakers...

My amigo Thomas Syvertsen and his better half Crystal Gottschalk from Minnesota have started a group "WISH LIST" for Esperanza para los Niños Orphanage and I'm honored that they asked me to be their Mexico connection......

The idea of the group is just as the title suggests it's an effort to fill the "Wish List" I received from Guillermo Zapata Urbalejo the director at the casa hogar Esperanza para los Niños... Tom & Crystal have gone through great lengths to set up an editable list of donations needed such as clothing sizes for all the children as well as supplies needed for the kitchen, cleaning and general maintenance...

Tom & Crystal have received approval from the organizers of the Hot Dogs and a Smile event on Friday June 8th at JJ's to have a trailer parked at JJ's as a drop off location for your donations... So if you plan on coming to Circus Mexicus & the Hot Dogs and a Smile event and would like to help out the children at "Esperanza para los Niños" please join the group and the conversation, we would love to hear from you... sea U there Peacemakers...

Check out the group at the link below...

"WISH LIST" for Esperanza para los Niños Orphanage.

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Our HOA in Playa Miramar supports the orphanage, and with the donations from the homeowners, my husband and I delivered enough food, clothes, and bedding to completely fill an SUV. The people at Esperanza were extremely grateful, but said one item that they really appreciate is fresh fruit and vegetables as they receive a lot of canned foods.

Our HOA in Playa Miramar supports the orphanage, and with the donations from the homeowners, my husband and I delivered enough food, clothes, and bedding to completely fill an SUV. The people at Esperanza were extremely grateful, but said one item that they really appreciate is fresh fruit and vegetables as they receive a lot of canned foods.
We recently took out 15 bags of fresh fruit and veggies from our last food distribution and yes Guillermo was very happy to receive them... they do have a little garden that should start producing soon but it won't supply nearly enough to fufill their needs...

Oh by the way Barb and I will be at JJ's for the Hot Dog and a Smile party... anyone else planning on being there..?

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
Kinda a tad off topic but I noticed there is one kiddo with a birthday 6/10 (sunday) during that weekend .... how do they like to celebrate the kids bdays? Should we try to bring a cake or something special for her? Just throwing it out there?

As you know Greg barb is going to check into the price of a cake and I'm going to talk with Guillermo to see if it is OK... Gracias Amigo...

WoW... I haven't heard anything about this but the next time I talk with the people from Esperanza I'll ask about it... That woman that was his caregiver does not look familiar to me...

Esperanza para los Ninos is a foster home... there could have been an orphanage back at the time that video was shot... There was an organization named AMORE that worked with adoptions... maybe if we asked the person that put the video on youtube they could shine some more light on this...

We are bringing a truck load of donations, mostly non perishable foods to the orphanage this Sunday. I noticed on the facebook group someone tried to use an image to speed up the boarder patrol process. Did this work or has anyone even had problems? Also, can you update the wish list so we can see what has been fulfilled. Much appreciated thank you