Penasco agreement with NBC & Arizona Republic

El Gato

Well Known Member
I read this morning on Numerounoonline that an agreement is going to be signed on January 25 with NBC and the Arizona Republic to promote Penasco over the next 6 months, starting in February.

It seems that there is an air of expectations this 2013 - more so then the past few years - like Penasco is on the road to not only recovery but prosperity beyond what went before. Now if building can be done in a business-like manner rather then simply to make a quick buck.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
There is a buzz in the air about many good things for Penasco, glad to have been here during the hard times. Now we are excited that good times may be coming once again to our little piece of the world!

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
Isn't amazing how these things go in waves? Just last year right before spring break, I believe, the media was all crazy about "don't go!!! don't go!!!!" as they do every year. Just a clever way for the US to keep us from supporting Mexico Tourism. Then there was the trip Jan Brewer went on around the same time. Watch the video AZ Governor Jan Brewer pronounces to be Ambassador for Sonora - YouTube
I believe she had too much Vitamin-T (tequila)
Here is a great clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BYljy68uL8
This is good news for Rocky Point. Our little paridise by the sea.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
I think when the HGTV show House Hunters International airs about a someone looking for a condo/house in Rocky Point (can't wait!) that will be a boost to the Penasco economy. Here's the upcoming schedule: (it's not showing yet- supposed to air in February): House Hunters International TV Listings

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
I hope for everyone's sake that the American side of the border improves so that a large number of people can cross in a decent amount of time.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
My only crossing problems are on the SouthBound exit USA side, I hate that!​

I agree Russ. We can be driving down on a Friday night from Tucson after work, seeing no one, until we get to the border. Then there are 15 cars in front of us for at least a 30 minute wait. They REALLY need to do something about this. We need a campaign of bugging Homeland Security Secretary Janet N. to try to get more lanes opened up- one lane is not sufficient.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
They have no benefit it letting you through faster, to some of them you are expats because you want to spend time south of the border, they dont agree with your choice so they dont mind delaying you. They get paid to be there and as I was told by one of them" I am paid to be here whether you are here or not so it does not matter to me how long YOU have to wait in line" Real nice I know! They want to be all bad on exit, why? As part of their agreement with Mexico they are supposed to check for extra cash and guns coming into Mexico. The rest of the questions, the interviews, the harassment is just that, harassment. I am sure in the twisted minds if they make it hard for y'all to come to Mexico then they have done their job. I cant stand them.........I believe I have said so much in the past. Should be fun when I cross next week after the "all tough guys" read this. (they do monitor the forums)

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I have never had an issue on the southbound American side. In fact, two of them have joked with me.... Maybe I'm just lucky?