Penasco/Caborca Road Condition

jerry

The Caborca guys get the same amount of money and somehow keep the road from Caborca to Y Greiga pretty free of potholes.Puerto Penasco is run in a half assed manner...

Terry C

Some people from Encanto are coming and going to town by the short cut outside of town
at the round about. You can't drive that other pos road at night time to get to Encanto.

I did hear today that the 1985 Nissan and the two workers started putting down asphalt today in the holes. I think they might of got new shovels from ace hardware. We will see about the tamping down of the road material....

Terry C

Jerry, it's my understanding that this is a city, federal and state problem who is to maintain the road. It's been going on for a long time. It effects all of us, tell all of us what or who to contact to fix it. There have been deaths on this road...

You know people on all ends,.......

jerry

I heard that from a elected official in Caborca that is really pissed about the road as Rocky Point is Caborca's beach town Many people have been injured or killed on that stretch..Two months ago mayor fat boy grudgingly said they would put more money into upkeep....it didn't happen....Caborca is also shorted State road money but bite the bullet and keep their part up.

jerry

I think we have to wait till June 8 to see who is in power.Munro is pledging to give amnesty to locals on the new traffic fines ( from the old 500 peso average to the current 1500 peso " soak the gringo" level.Now he is no angel but have to think will fix that road.

Last edited:

mondone

Whitecaps
Drove by a crew of several guys yesterday about 5pm patching the potholes closer to town. Looks like they have started on that end and will be working their way East.

Roberto

Actual paving, not patching going on right now 8/4. They are blocking one land and paving the other as they go. I drove from the turn off at Unconscius about a mile on nice new flat asphalt pavement. before I hit the work. Of course they left a couple hundred yards unpaved at the Penasco end. Seems to be a matter of principle with the paving/road construction business here. The rule is NEVER lay new pavement to existing pavement. Tear it all up first then leave an unpaved, dirt gap !!!

jerry

Meanwhile the crooked bastards at the checkpoint are still robbing travelers 15 years after it was to be removed.