Penasco Del Sol

"Sparks said Textron holds a lien on three parcels of property owned by Hanson’s company: the 203-room hotel, 18 acres adjacent to it that was to be developed into a convention center and another 21 acres on the beach a short distance from the hotel."

OK, so the empty lot they are referring to is the one where they've been holding carnivals and used to be the site of the Roger Clyne shows, behind the Sunset Cantina, correct? And the 21 acres of the "beach" is the point that leads out past Pinacate and ends just before the harbor entrance?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
"OK, so the empty lot they are referring to is the one where they've been holding carnivals and used to be the site of the Roger Clyne shows, behind the Sunset Cantina, correct? And the 21 acres of the "beach" is the point that leads out past Pinacate and ends just before the harbor entrance?"

The way I understand it is the hotel Penasco del So, the adjacent lot between the pinacate condos and the navy, where the RCPM concerts and the carnivals take place and the other 2i acres sounds like the land between Playa Bonita and Las Gaviotas condos, which is fenced but quads and atv play around.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I went to a wedding reception, maybe 5 years ago all show and no dough. It was buy your own drinks at the bar and when they charged me $7.00 for a Dos Equis Beer I left and never went back. That place ain't fancy enough to charge that kind of money and besides that it still has the same crappy interior doors, I bought as seconds for 3 dollars each and sold to the builder, when they were building the Plaza Las Glorias back in the 90's.

the quality of the rooms depends on how full they are. some of the remodeled suites, although the new design cramps more than 2 people if they are not a couple, were great ideas in theory. (that is, when you saw the pretty videos online.) ergonomically, in person, we kept asking ourselves--"did they shrink the rooms?" my ex-gf's mom had a timeshare there from the very beginning (another thread altogether) and combined with my stays in the first years it opened as Plaza las Glorias, i can say i've been there through its highs and lows. (and i was staying there during the lows because her mom was frequently leaving her timeshare week either unoccupied or only partially. otherwise, i'd have stayed elsewhere.)

have to at least give the last owners props for TRYING to build back the mystique it once had. it's true that all of the rooms were not remodeled, but they did a great job sprucing up the appearance on the outside, revamping the pool/bar area, lobby, etc. and lord knows they couldn't have been making money on those super-cheap all-inclusive charted bus packages recently offered. they were doing all they could to get people back to Penasco, although i'm not quite sure who would be responsible for all of those promotions.

oh, and those canopy beach beds. one of my favorite things about staying there since the last remodel. Screw the banana boats, they should be dragging those on giant wheels up and down Las Conchas on quads and renting canopy beds by the hour!

I went to a wedding reception, maybe 5 years ago all show and no dough. It was buy your own drinks at the bar and when they charged me $7.00 for a Dos Equis Beer I left and never went back. That place ain't fancy enough to charge that kind of money and besides that it still has the same crappy interior doors, I bought as seconds for 3 dollars each and sold to the builder, when they were building the Plaza Las Glorias back in the 90's.
The last time we stayed there, it was on her designated ground suite a few doors down from the pool, and yeah, they had a wedding procession right outside our patio, in that awkward sandy area overlooking the ocean. We watched for a while, felt odd, came inside, watched through the sliding glass door and kept thinking it was the rehearsal before the rehearsal dinner. But no! It was the real deal! And yeah, there was audible bitching from the guests about having to walk back over to the bar and pay full pop. Can't believe you paid 7!!! I've never paid more than $4 there. ACTUALLY, no, when money was flowing hardcore in 2004ish, yeah, beers were $5 or so when you had to buy those damn tickets from one person, then pay the bartender standing two feet away. It wasn't like that in the past few years.

playaperro

El Pirata
How Ironic they put a bid in for like twenty mil waited 18 months to close and paid 16.7 at the end of the deal.Ouch...

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
The last time we stayed there, it was on her designated ground suite a few doors down from the pool, and yeah, they had a wedding procession right outside our patio, in that awkward sandy area overlooking the ocean. We watched for a while, felt odd, came inside, watched through the sliding glass door and kept thinking it was the rehearsal before the rehearsal dinner. But no! It was the real deal! And yeah, there was audible bitching from the guests about having to walk back over to the bar and pay full pop. Can't believe you paid 7!!! I've never paid more than $4 there. ACTUALLY, no, when money was flowing hardcore in 2004ish, yeah, beers were $5 or so when you had to buy those damn tickets from one person, then pay the bartender standing two feet away. It wasn't like that in the past few years.
Maybe it was $5.00 and it seemed like 7.00 now with the inflation factor.

"The way I understand it is the hotel Penasco del Sol, the adjacent lot between the pinacate condos and the navy, where the RCPM concerts and the carnivals take place and the other 21 acres sounds like the land between Playa Bonita and Las Gaviotas condos, which is fenced but quads and atv play around.
Wow, had no idea they owned that. I guess there's no real ownership of the beach area from the edge of PDS to Las Gaviotas, is there? Even though they created that "beach" on their own, it is still owned by the public, right? How far up from average high tide can ownership start?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Wow, had no idea they owned that. I guess there's no real ownership of the beach area from the edge of PDS to Las Gaviotas, is there? Even though they created that "beach" on their own, it is still owned by the public, right? How far up from average high tide can ownership start?
Gringo, its not the average high tide where it begins its the highest tide and from there its 20 meters. We are working on some federal zones now in Lopez.

Sorry, I meant the highest tide overall, but just considering the highest yearly tide, not taking into account odd solar/lunar alignments, like some of those recent videos that showed the water coming well up into the higher levels of JJ's patio. ;)

The Land that is fenced off belongs to Larry Large.
Not sure how the Chapter 11 process works for land in Mexico, but I have some friends in the press here in town that could make a public request for information for all the details, unless someone knows an easier way to get that info directly online.

jerry

Once the banks got the Tarp money they started playing hardball with everyone....My buddy is a top guy at Morgan Stanley in Tucson.When it looked like they were going down he called me crying about his beautiful life headed for ruin.i loaned him 5 grand emergency money(he did pay it back...no interest) and Tarp passed he still is rich and has nothing to do with a peasent like me again....screw the bankers
This was funny from the comments in the story "The funniest part about the owner is he drives a brand new Ferrari. How do I know? Because I used to work at the Doubletree. Maybe he should of been more concerned about his properties making money than showcasing his wealth.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
..........he should of been more concerned about his properties making money than showcasing his wealth.
isn't that the case with everybody that makes a few pennies and believe it is millions and proceed to spend more than what they are worth, oh wait, wait I believe that's called capitalism aka "the american dream" have the largest debt compare to wealth!!