Penasco home builder with EVG panel construction experience

Atlas

Can I get some referrals for builders in Penasco who have built homes with EVG panels. A company in Mexicali called "RSG3D" sells the manufactured panels which are a wire frame with polystyrene core. These panels are hurricane, earthquake and provide insulation R factor up to 35. I want to build my home in Penasco and need an experienced builder who has built at least three homes using this type of home construction.
Thanks in advance.

corndog

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
BlockMex in Mexicali manufactures the panels. In the early 2000's they had a distributor here in RP on Fremont Blvd. they have been gone for years and I would assume since BlockMex has a yard here now, they handle their own distribution.. They used to be called TridiPanel here in Mexico and probably still are.. your best bet would be to stop in at BlockMex here in RP and have them recommend a builder.. we have used them. not for the main house, only for interior and exterior stairway walls.. Apart from that your architect would be able to recommend a builder.. https://blockmex.com/materiales.html

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
We used a material called Rastra and have been really happy with the results- no cracks from earthquakes, no fire issues. Here's info

corndog

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Can I get some referrals for builders in Penasco who have built homes with EVG panels. A company in Mexicali called "RSG3D" sells the manufactured panels which are a wire frame with polystyrene core. These panels are hurricane, earthquake and provide insulation R factor up to 35. I want to build my home in Penasco and need an experienced builder who has built at least three homes using this type of home construction.
Thanks in advance.
The panels themselves are not the strength of the building, the strength of the building is the post and beam construction.. the panels then fill in the openings.. if you watch videos the 4 and 6 inch thick panels can be a little flimsy, for an R-35 the panels would probably be 10 inches thick and not appear flimsy.. The post and beam contruction is common here, basically the filler is block and not tridipanels... even block fences here could be considered a form of post and beam construction.. They all have a concrete pillar every 6 -8 or 10 feet and concrete beam poured on top.. That is also how block houses are built here...just not filled in later, but as the house goes up.. (not critizing the panels, they are fine for what they do),,There are some houses in Mirador, that are post and beam,, the filler was 2x6 steel studs with R-!9 insulation..

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
We had neighbors with tri-d panels, and during a wind storm, the exterior outside wall made of 3d blew off.

Atlas

Rastra looks like an interesting option and
We used a material called Rastra and have been really happy with the results- no cracks from earthquakes, no fire issues. Here's info
Can you tell me who your builder was for your home built with Rastra. I want a well insulated home with the high temps in Penasco.

wildtoucan

Well Known Member
Rastra looks like an interesting option and

Can you tell me who your builder was for your home built with Rastra. I want a well insulated home with the high temps in Penasco.
There is a house being built at Islas del Mar with EF Block