Penasco is back! Trip 10/8 to 10/11

MIRAMAR

We drove down last Thursday, 2 cars going into Mexico. Remember the border closes right at 8, so plan when you're leaving because they're really strict about the gates closing, and you don't want to have to spend the night in Ajo like we did a couple of months ago. Stayed at the Marine Motel, and I assure you, Ajo doesn't have a ocean front view.

Weather is warm, humid in the afternoon, but cool in the morning. Gas was $19.50 per liter so about $3.90 per gallon. Peso exchange at Expo tile was $19.05 per dollar. Blue Marlin was delicious, and Bryan's rib eye on Friday for $10 is a great deal.

Also, we went to Sam's to pick up something, and this time only 1 person per card (last time it was 2).

The only problem was coming back to Tucson. The line on Sunday, not Monday a holiday, was 1.5 hours long. There were a couple of people being sent through the Xray lane, but we weren't.

Glad to see Penasco back!

Last edited:
Rocky point. Last report was 8 October. 16 october on this news article. Is it stopping rocky point travel? Anybody traveled after the 16th to RP?

playaperro

El Pirata
We drove down last Thursday, 2 cars going into Mexico. Remember the border closes right at 8, so plan when you're leaving because they're really strict about the gates closing, and you don't want to have to spend the night in Ajo like we did a couple of months ago. Stayed at the Marine Motel, and I assure you, Ajo doesn't have a ocean front view.

Weather is warm, humid in the afternoon, but cool in the morning. Gas was $19.50 per liter so about $3.90 per gallon. Peso exchange at Expo tile was $19.05 per dollar. Blue Marlin was delicious, and Bryan's rib eye on Friday for $10 is a great deal.

Also, we went to Sam's to pick up something, and this time only 1 person per card (last time it was 2).

The only problem was coming back to Tucson. The line on Sunday, not Monday a holiday, was 1.5 hours long. There were a couple of people being sent through the Xray lane, but we weren't.

Glad to see Penasco back!
Last time I crossed back I saw they added 2 new lanes and both had x-ray machines these are facing north and the regular 4 other lanes lanes are still there, 1 and 2 are extensive secondary search.