Pet Sitters

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
He's never been back, yet. I posted my story of my little Mexicat's rescue on the other board that got torpedoed so I can tell you all again if you like. There's a lot of newbies on here that don't know that weren't on the other board so let me know if you want a rerun. When we brought him home, he was only about 5 months old. He was asleep in my lap when we crossed back over and the customs guy never even looked at or asked about him. They guy must have assumed that he was my cat and he was clean and shiny...no sores or hair loss. And, the customs guy was more interested in what I had in my trailer, anyway. I'm thinking of taking him with me sometime but he's an indoor/outdoor cat and he has forgotten all his Spanish! Bad Mommy! LOL! I'm kind of leery of taking him 'cause at some point he's gonna wanna go out and there are bad dogs where I am. He has become accustomed to the spoiled American life. When I got home from work tonight, he was paws up on my waterbed, asleep under the ceiling fan. I said, "get up, Lazy" and he half opened one eye and then rolled over and went back to sleep! LOL! He does NOT like being out when it's 111! I was told by some cat rescue people in my old trailer park that cats are allowed in but dogs are not, unless they have a certificate from a Mexican vet. Who knows? Perhaps I got lucky. Well, I did get lucky! He's a great cat! He thinks he's a dog. He plays fetch with a ball, comes when you call him, licks you when you pet him and comes flying out to the Jeep to greet me when I come home if he's outside. And, I have to fight him for the popcorn! LOL!

I'm sure someone else will chime in here and tell you if papers are needed to take your cat to Mexico.

Mark, that was adorable!!. I still can't believe Harley will sit like that all day long.......................too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bruce installed a doggy door on the back door last weekend, just so we can leave Leroy at home when we come down next week. (Our daughter lives with us, again, so she'll be here............but he needs to able to go in and out whenever he wants, as she does not keep the same hours as mom and dad!!). We need a vacation from the dog.................love him to death and he really isn't that bad when he's down there, but he's a JRT and since our alarm clock goes off at 3:00 a.m. Mon-Fri, he thinks it time to get up that early every single morning and just go, go, go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, when we're down there, we do not want to be woke up that early every day................and I'm sure there is going to be a lot of fireworks also. Some of you may have seen the picture I posted of him hiding in his "I want to get away from this noise" spot. He, like many other dogs, is terrified of fireworks...............he once cut himself on a hook in our old motorhome trying to get away from the noise, so just another reason for him to stay home. But I know we'll miss him!!!!!!!

Do you mean am I afraid of the coyotes getting Leroy?? No, I'm more afraid of the piggies (javalina) getting him. We have two of them that like to "hang out" in my flower/shrub bed out front of the house. It's actually runs the length of the house (the bed), and I have a soaker house on it so it stays wet. Well, they come along and treat it as if it were their very own mud pit. They dig it up and the mud ends up all over the front of the house. I finally put fencing around the two plants that they keep targeting (the other ones are too big to dig up I guess). I haven't seen them since, but I know they'll be back..................and Leroy will go nuts!!! The last time they came around, he almost cleared the fence trying to get at them. They came around one night a while back (I knew they were there because of the way Leroy was acting) and I didn't see them right at first when I went out on the porch. As soon as my eyes adjusted, there they were......................right on the other side of the fence, about four feet, staring at me!!! Scared the s**t out of me but they took off as soon as I started yelling. They usually only come around at night and Brianna will be here, so she'll put the shield thingy in the doggie door so he can't go out. (It really was intended for him to able to go in and out during the day when no one is home....he stays in at night always). The yard is big but it's fenced, so he'll be okay. Coyotes?? I very rarely see or hear them now that you mention it...............that's strange....................

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Them Javalinas can be mean!!! I came around a corner in my Jeep one night on South Mountain road and there were 3 of them in the road. They were grunting and making aggressive moves. I couldn't drive around them, (cliff on one side, mountain on the other) either. They kept me there about 5 minutes. LOL!

My sister lives on an acre up in Desert Hills, north of Phoenix. She has a border collie and a 5 foot wire fence around the yard. They put the doggie door shield thingee in at night, too. We can hear them yipping at night up there. She hasn't mentioned Javalina..... but she sure has a lot of bunnies running around! Drives the dog crazy!

Oh yeah, the bunnies....................they too almost destroyed a plant I just planted in the back yard. They squeezed through the fence and ate most of the leaves off of it. Needless to say, that plant now has fencing around it too LOL!!! Leroy barks at them still everyday, but we're used to it. Obviously, they don't come into the fenced part of the yard when he's out there, but they will sit just on the other side of it................just sit there nibbling on whatever, driving him insane!! That's when it's time to bring him in because they don't scare away just by yelling at them and that barking gets on our nerves real quick. We have a ton of the little ground squirrels too, but they don't bother him for some reason.

Did you see the news report of the coyote that jumped a 6 ft. block wall...almost got someone's little yipper? This was somewhere in N. Scottsdale. I guess they are pretty good jumpers. I had a huskie-collie mix years back that would jump up and hang on the top of my 6 ft. block wall. Never did figure out how to get over it! Had a neighbors cat that would sit on the wall and drive her crazy!

Last edited:
:mad:I didn't check out front this morning, before or after I posted.....not until I got home this afternoon. The s.o.b.s' got into the plants again:aagh: They just knocked the fencing over and proceeded to make themselves comfortable...........I'm on the warpath now!! (But I really don't know what to do other than shoot them, and that ain't gonna happen!!)

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Julie,I do not remember exactly but If the javalinas are the problem, I think it was geraniums that they will not touch or anything planted close or next to them!! if the bunnies are the problem then all you can do is plant rocks, I thing is the only thing they will not eat!! :eek3:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
:shock:We have coyotes, deer, fox, snakes, rabbits, skunks and assorted other creatures. Have come across some Javelinas in my Arizona days. Won't have a cat here cuz it will be eaten by the coyotes within days, got skunked one night a couple of years ago - worst thing I ever smelled - was in my convertible car for months. Our neighbors won't even have doggie doors for fear something else will come in, or bird feeders cuz they attract bears...there is a miller moth on my computer screen right now...but only for another second...there...got the little bugger and he's outside. Just make some noise before you go outside - they are more afraid of us than we are of them.:bunny:My son has taken his daughter snake hunting since she was one.:shock:

It was the damn pigs................they didn't completely destroy the plant though, thank goodness. They weren't around over the weekend, but that doesn't mean diddly squat...........they'll be back, but hopefully I've got fixed now so they can't dig it up anymore!!

mis2810

It was the damn pigs................they didn't completely destroy the plant though, thank goodness. They weren't around over the weekend, but that doesn't mean diddly squat...........they'll be back, but hopefully I've got fixed now so they can't dig it up anymore!!
They went to RP for the weekend! There was a report that someone saw them floating down the lazy river at Las Palomas. They're not scared to go either!

Last edited:
Julie have you tried putting moth balls around your plants??? it works to keep cats from using planters as litter boxes it may work for your problem...

and don't ask how do you tell the difference between a male and female moth???