Phoenix Magazine Rocky Waters by Loren Loftus

marybna

Again someone who knows nothing writes an article about having to to make a boring drive and then is required to present a passport to get into Mexico. Very negative article.

garyd

I have had to show my Passport to enter Mexico 2 times. I asked them why and they said it was to make sure I could leave the country. Must be the same as when you fly into Mexico.

MIRAMAR

Definitely have to show your passport before you leave the U.S. flying to Mexico. You have to show your passport driving to Canada

MIRAMAR

Desert hater- I think the desert is beautiful ( we drive from Tucson to PP), but I've also driven the road from Phoenix, and I think it's prettier than the desert in the Phoenix area. I also believe the Sea of Cortez is beautiful, and people will be willing to take a cruise from PP to see the mid islands and everything it has to offer.

Correct if I’m wrong because I’ve never been on a cruise but someone told me that you need a passport to do international cruises anyway. And it may be 1 hour more from Scottsdale but SanDiego is another 2 hours from Tucson. Plus you have to ..... drive and be in California, I’d rather deal with the border , thank you .

MIRAMAR

9 months of the year, the Pacific is cold. 9 months of the year, the Sea of Cortez is cool to warm. I'll take cool to warm! Once you arrive in Penasco, no traffic. 1 hour outside of San Diego, there's traffic. There is a reason you see so many cars from San Diego and LA at the Mayan palace- it's warmer here than at their beaches. (Also Tucson to San Diego is 40 minutes longer than Phoenix to San Diego. )

garyd

I lived in San Diego for 15 years and loved it until I moved to Arizona and discovered PP. I would NEVER move back to or vacation in SD. It's cold, crowded, beaches are restricted as to what you can do and the water is cold all the time. Not to mention how expensive it is.

marybna

We have had a place at Sunriver(BendOr) for many years because we skied. When we moved to AZ, the kids begged us to keep it. So we make it a vacation Rental. It is 2 story. Christmas it snowed and I had to shovel the upstairs deck. Bella has an elevators. The wind on the 6th floor keeps the patio clear. Kids would rather fly on a crowded plane to Hawaii. Sit on a crowded beach and spend big money for a vacation. Me, I get in my car and drive 3 1/2 hours with my dog. My husband and I have all our favorite places to eat that cost less than drinks in a bar in Honolulu. I grew up there (Kailua) many years ago and the last time I went back I could not believe how crowded everything was. Give me the 31/2 hr drive thru the brown desert to go where everyone is glad to see you.

wihint

We lived in Coconut Grove Fl, (suburb of Miami) and spent a ton of time on South Beach and Key West and will gladly go to Puerto Penasco anytime over any other beach in North America. Beautiful people, food and beaches. Spent time in the Dominican Republic at a snotty 5 Diamond resort for Christmas.... we basically complained each day to each other that we should have to gone to PP instead. What a gem so close.