Pilot episode: "Penasco Today"

Manny Sanchez

Vir sapit qui pauca loqui
This is a pilot for a new show we are creating. Ideas, comments, suggestions please tell us.
We are also looking for a few sponsors, if your intrested email me at [email protected]

Puerto Peñasco is one of the most important beach and invest destinations close of the U.S. border, and Peñasco Today wants to show all we have for the visitors and investors, create a window for everyone who want to know, see and hear the different things to do in this beautiful city with restaurant, resorts, activities and several other video guides.

Full post at: http://www.penascohoy.com/turismo/2014/01/06/penascotoday-with-mark-ehlermann/

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Good job Manny! any reason why the owner/manager of the Yummi Salads was not interviewed? would be nice to have a couple of words with the owners/mgrs of each establishment you visit, makes it feel more welcoming

audsley

Terrific photography. Overall, a fine effort, but I did have a problem with the testimonial on border crossing. Visas? Come on, this is Rocky Point! Inside the 100 mile limit. We don't need no stinking visas! But he should have mentioned Mexican auto insurance. That's a glaring omission. Also passports.

I'd also suggest a short segment showing the peaceful, contemplative side of Rocky Point, if that isn't too disconsonant with the general mood. A slow drive through Las Conchas mentioning that many of these places can be rented (if that doesn't upset the other sponsors) would be one approach. An empty beach at sunrise with no sound except the ocean waves could also be effective. Some people crave that kind of thing.

Roberto

. Visas? Come on, this is Rocky Point! Inside the 100 mile limit. We don't need no stinking visas! .

That's a myth that need to be corrected. If you are in country for more than 72 hours you are required to have at least a Tourist Visa.:):):)

Last edited:

Roberto

Also, you MUST return the Tourist Visa when or before it expires. They have tightened this up. If you have an entrance stamp on your passport from when you got the visa, you need an exit stamp to show you turned it in so do not just slip it under the office door !!. There is a fat fine when you reapply if you have an outstanding visa.

Roberto

I hope you can get some good live video. The push or pull on a still does not take the advantage that video offers, actual live movement ! We did than in the 80's because getting a camera out was expensive, now you can get broadcast quality for pennies. Also I am not a fan of the talking head presentation. That clip could be renamed the Mark Elerman show. Unfortunately you can get most of the effect with the sound, the video adds little. Review the Salad footage. The only shots of the product were dark and out of focus. Lots of crisp shots of the presenter's head talking, quick scan of the wall menu and a loooong shot of the customer menu, unreadable. No shots of the location to help out the viewer. Digital editing offers lots of options also that we did not have back in the 2 inch analog A/B roll production days, why not take advantage of it?

Dont' try to copy the network stuff as it all stinks today !! Youo can be a lot more creative than that.

Sorry, no offense intended. Good effort. Send someone out with a camera to collect live footage and build a library for production.

MIRAMAR

Hi Manny- I think it's a great idea having short clips. Sadly, one of your pics shows either the Marci Gras or Cervantino Celebration- both have been cancelled by the new mayor/government. Any chance of getting those back?? Put in the word that at least 1 Gringa would love to see them!

Manny Sanchez

Vir sapit qui pauca loqui
Hey guys, lots of good ideas and positive feedback. This is just a pilot for a show, hopefully if we get the backing ($$$) we can then incorporate many of theses ideas and make the format a lot better.

And if you have a need for photography or video (for real estate, a wedding or any other event) just let me know :)

Roberto

Hey guys, lots of good ideas and positive feedback. This is just a pilot for a show, hopefully if we get the backing ($$$) we can then incorporate many of theses ideas and make the format a lot better.

And if you have a need for photography or video (for real estate, a wedding or any other event) just let me know :)
I know the Dog has been missing Gua Guas and would gladly pay for a video:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: