Pithaya

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
What is wrong with suggesting it might be smart to have dome lights on and windows down at night when approaching areas with traffic delays or unofficial check points? You guys act like I'm making this shit up http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2015/06/sonoyta-sonora-border-violence-erupts.html
The crazy thing for me is that I was in that Circulo K exactly 2 weeks earlier at about 950pm on a Friday night ALONE. Not unlike many other times in the last 9 years. Although I avoid driving at night as much as I used to, there are still going to be times when you cant leave Phoenix until later in the day and you take a realistic probability and just go. However, it's still crazy to think about.

Russ, you crack me up.

Lastly, I agree with Jerry. You dont want to get wacked over mistaken identity. The worst thing you can do in my opinion is drive around in Mexico with a truck/suv with super tinted windows...

jerry

A tourist vehicle has been machine gunned in the last three months after they panicked and tried to blow by a Cartel check point....I cannot give out more info at this time except it was hit seven times and a bullet just missed the passenger....

jerry

more Jerry BS?
This and everything I had said is true.The real number of dead(last 3 months) in our border to coastal area in the battle for the Plaza and the seabourne smuggling to baja is over 100.Some of these are not just gangster killing gangster but people in the wrong place at the wrong time.When the facts of the this story come out the two things that comes out of it looking good are one really brave guy that stepped up and the build quality of the Toyota Four runner..just kept going ...as lives were at stake....

playaperro

El Pirata
This and everything I had said is true.The real number of dead(last 3 months) in our border to coastal area in the battle for the Plaza and the seabourne smuggling to baja is over 100.Some of these are not just gangster killing gangster but people in the wrong place at the wrong time.When the facts of the this story come out the two things that comes out of it looking good are one really brave guy that stepped up and the build quality of the Toyota Four runner..just kept going ...as lives were at stake....
Yes Sir, would not drive down Caborca area if you paid me, That's why i'm for the cruise ships taking me down south, driving just get you in trouble, ask Kenny, when will the story be out on the 4 runner?

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Speaking of Pithaya, a friend of mine that dives, says he seeing big schools of snapper within casting distance of the beach and several grouper in about 10 feet of water...all between the old elegante boat ramp and the Pithaya...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Speaking of Pithaya, a friend of mine that dives, says he seeing big schools of snapper within casting distance of the beach and several grouper in about 10 feet of water...all between the old elegante boat ramp and the Pithaya...

Carnac,

Is it possible to use the ramp if you pay PDO a few bucks? I went about 4 years ago with the guy that owns/owned Kayak Rocky Point and we gave the guy like $5 in the PDO office and they unlocked the gate and let us launch there. It was the first time I'd ever fished over there. The water clarity that day was 30 feet and you can see why it would be a good place to snorkel/dive. We paddled out to a rock that is about 3/4 - 1 mile out... I've always wanted to go back but Im always by myself and being handicap its really impossible to fish anywhere but Cholla Bay for launching reasons.

CHOLLABAY4LIFE

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Joe, I stopped at the PDO office, and talked to Jerry. He said the ramp was closed, because it had deteriorated and couldn't be driven on.. Then I mentioned it was a kayak again and he said for $10.00 you could try to launch, but only with some help, because he didn't want anybody driving on the ramp...Then as I was leaving, he said $5.00 would be enough....You might go look and see if it will work for you...I mention in another post a couple weeks ago we caught 4 small grouper casting from shore, maybe 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ea...between the San Rafael trailer park and the ramp at playa elegante

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe, I stopped at the PDO office, and talked to Jerry. He said the ramp was closed, because it had deteriorated and couldn't be driven on.. Then I mentioned it was a kayak again and he said for $10.00 you could try to launch, but only with some help, because he didn't want anybody driving on the ramp...Then as I was leaving, he said $5.00 would be enough....You might go look and see if it will work for you...I mention in another post a couple weeks ago we caught 4 small grouper casting from shore, maybe 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ea...between the San Rafael trailer park and the ramp at playa elegante

Thank you! I might be coming down this weekend if I can get this fish finder working... Boo Bar dive shop squad is doing a day trip down to Lobos to dive and I wouldnt mind tagging along with my kayak so maybe fishing in Rocky Point and then one day in Lobos... OJALA!

Watched a guy a couple of weeks ago back his truck right into the big hole in the boat ramp at PDO. He knew it was there, he just wasn't far enough to the one side of it to miss it. Just the passenger side back tire went in, but it went in with a bang! It is a real hazard, especially when it's covered by water and you can't see it. Last time this happened, big hole in the ramp, they just filled it in with concrete. Don't know what they're going to do this time.......