Playa de Oro Suites

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
So my wife Naomi heard there was some new stuff going on at Playa de Or Rv Park a few weeks ago. She checked into it and found out they converted the old restaurant and mini store in the east 40 to 10 luxo suites. Then she found out they were going to open September 3rd. We contacted the owner and asked if we could be the first ones to stay there. She booked us suite #1 which has never been stayed in (none have been stayed in until now). So Thursday night we stayed there, we had access to the brand new pool (we were the first guest to step foot in it) we walked to Manny's for pizza on a very familiar beach, we woke with the sun today and walked the beach before the heat set in =, swam for a while and came home at noon. The whole experience was one for the books. Naomi and I have been coming to Playa de Oro RV park for 35+ years, we know the family very well, the old man Jorge Pivac and I told stories over drinks and carne asada or grilled fish across the street in the maintenance yard when I was a 20 something, he taught me some Spanish when I was a kid. Over the years we visited this park literally hundreds of times with our kids, other family and tons of friends. Our RV caravans stayed in the East 40 and we ate our breakfast in the restaurant and bought our ice and beer at the mini store (this was 30 plus years ago before OXXO and other stores)
It was important for us to reconnect with this place which we still hold dear to our hearts, and although we only live 15 minutes away across town, it was great to "get away". We plan on staying home this entire Labor day weekend. Here are some pics of the new place.

20200904_084004.jpg

bedroom res.jpg

kitchen res.jpg

living room res.jpg

bath res.jpg

swim pool res.jpg

The place is nice, extra nice. I am sure they will be full all the time once word gets out. The pool is separate from the RV park so it is private for the suite renters. If you want to try something a little different and on the nice side of things.....you may want to check this out!

Last edited:

brokenwave

Well Known Member
They did a very nice job on those units. Good for them to have some nice rentals available on a beach away from the mob's at the condos.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
They did a very nice job on those units. Good for them to have some nice rentals available on a beach away from the mob's at the condos.
The restaurant has sat empty for ten years or so. It was a waste of space..very valuable space. I also think it is a great place to be away from crowds.

joanC

Well Known Member
First class ! With any luck this will motivate investors to do something with the vacant beach lot west of Mannys as well as the other 2 parcels eastward ...recall Playa Elegante ?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Money must grow on trees these days! 3 nights $700. Stop.
It's not a simple hotel room, it is a complete condo. I have condo price comparisons and this price is in line with that and the condos seem to be selling out very quickly especially this weekend.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Condos are on beach, that location has it’s drawbacks.
I would bet that if I was to measure the walking distance to the beach from the room I stayed in versus almost any of the first floor condos on Sandy Beach that I was closer at PDO. They also opened a beach bar near the old boat ramp. Not to argue....just to clarify.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Plus the pool is only available for the people renting in the 10 suites....it is virtually a private pool...it was for us.

Kelney

Well Known Member
The difference appears to be no beach view from these suites. Drinking a beer from the patio appears to be a view of the RV lot. Not the most appealing to me but I am not everyone. I hope they do well as it does look nice.