Playa Lopez Lots

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Can anyone tell me their experience with them?
Lopez, is a little different than most developments.It goes from the ocean (The new hiway) and crosses the desert and pops out on the Hiway from Sonoyta to Penasco near the Pancho Villa Restaurant. Approximatley 23 miles, it is part ejido and part privatized. There origianlly were 52 people given titles and now there are probably 300 to 400 property owners on the privatized land, some own lots of land (one group spent 18,000,000.00 buying 26 parcels, some own 1 lot, so when you talk about Lopez its not like buying from 1 single developer. Roberto sells what we have available in Lopez. Here is a site we dont use but it has some pics. www.myrockypointland.com there is a link to Roberto on the home page. My point is there are many sellers in Lopez, so every experience could be different.

Last edited:

Roberto

Twin Dolphins has sold many lots at Lopez over the past 5 years or so. There has never been a problem closing and transfering ownership. No disputes, certainly no legal issues. Most of what Twin Dolphins has sold was owned by Bill and Faviola Cox. As Lagrimas85 said above, there are other owners selling property. There are a couple of other owners on this forum who have bought through Twin Dolphins, maybe they will speak up as well. Fairly detailed information is posted at www.twindolphinsrealty.com. Take a drive out and see the community if you have not yet been there.

Esperanza

We have a lot at Lopez, purchased through Twin Dolphins about a year ago. There have been no problems. We love the place! Beautiful sunsets, quiet, star filled nights. We have the beach to ourselves most of the time. If you like peace and quiet, this is the place for you. Town is about 15 minutes away. It's all about what you are looking for! We found our "little slice of heaven"!

Last edited:
Is the distance between low tide and high tide at Lopez as amazingly far as it is a Laguna Shores?...We looked there a year or so ago
and decided we didn't like having to wait for high tide a couple times each day to be able to even see the water.
Just wonderin'...

Roberto

One advantage is that it provides numerous tidal pools to explore which is really great for kids with no worry about them getting caught in the surf.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
North of Laguna Shores about 10 miles on the hiway to EL GOLFO, there is a restaurant/bar named EL SOLITO at the entrance.

Esperanza

The restaurant, Solitos, is on the main road. It's a HUGE palapa! We've been there a couple of times....We've had fish both times.....don't recall what else is on the menu. I remember the fried fish (whole fish) was great!

Esperanza

There are very high and low tides, but like Roberto said, the tide pools are great! We have friends with small kids, so it's nice to know they can play on the beach and not worry about them around the water. We always plan our trips around the high tides/full & new moons. Great for swimming and the sound of the tide rolling in at night put me into the most tranquil sleep!

Our dogs (3 small) are not crazy about the water, BUT.....they love walking along the beach at low tide. They chase the birds and the small fish in the tidepools. We've learned that our smallest, Bella, has to stay on the leash, because once she starts chasing the birds, she's so fast and gets soooo far away from us that we can't catch her and she won't come when we call her! I swear, I think she was 1/2 way to Cholla Bay the last and ONLY time that happened. LOL!

playaperro

El Pirata
EXPENSIVE LIKE Eight THOUSAND DOLLARS, payments of $40.00 dollars a month.Maybe Lagrimas will jump in here and correct me. I not sure but you could put one of
Bills small houses on there.

Last edited:

Roberto

The roads are really good, 2WD no problem.

We have 445M2 lots in Manzana 48 starting at $7,500, financeable for 3 to 5 years, payments amortized on a 30 year schedule with a balloon at the end of the term of the loan. Monthly payments are $45 per month.

Closer to the beach in Mz. 130, 312 M2 lots start at $7,900, same terms as above. I like Manzana 174 (this is where Esperanza owns) , it's on the beach front road, good elevation, 430 M2 lots, total $19,000, $4,750 down, $109 month. LOt prices range form $7,500 to $120,000 oceanfront.

Check out www.twindolphinsrealty.com Playa Lopez links on left of screen.