Playa Lopez Lots

Roberto

Water, electric, sewer, etc.?
Water trucks deliver, septic systems for sewage, solar, wind or propane generator for electricity. It's off the grid, similar to the beaches down the coast. If you are looking for something economical, not complicated and an escape to splendid isolation but close to town, this might be the place. You can ride an ATV on the beach all the way to El Golfo if you are so inclined.

MIRAMAR

Thanks Esperanza for the info on the restaurant- I feel a road trip coming up. Can you see the water from the restaurant, how are the prices, and do you know if they're open at night? I've tried to find restaurants serving fish or shrimp south of town close to the water, but haven't had any luck, maybe Jerry or Kenny know of some within a short drive. In the meantime, this sounds great- Thanks.

mis2810

EXPENSIVE LIKE Eight THOUSAND DOLLARS, payments of $40.00 dollars a month.Maybe Lagrimas will jump in here and correct me. I not sure but you could put one of
Bills small houses on there.
Not sure who can answer this - playaperro or Roberto - the yellow/green and pink houses in the pictures above - are those beach front or are they where Esperanza has hers on the beach front road.

I know I probably have to see it in person to get a better idea. We're coming down for Labor Day and I think I want to take a ride out there.

playaperro

El Pirata
Melissa if you look hard or have a huge monitor you can see the water in the background. Pink house looks like beach front, can not say for sure. Eight K is a great price for a lot. You should not have any problems putting the title in DH name.

Esperanza

Not sure who can answer this - playaperro or Roberto - the yellow/green and pink houses in the pictures above - are those beach front or are they where Esperanza has hers on the beach front road.

I know I probably have to see it in person to get a better idea. We're coming down for Labor Day and I think I want to take a ride out there.
Hi.....We are in Manzana 174. We are not beach front, we are 1 road up from the beach. We are in the same line as the houses in the photos. There are currently no houses beach front, but there is a huge palapa that was planned as a beach front restaurant "before the bottom fell out". I think we are 100m from the beach. We are over in the newer section......totally alone! Very peaceful regardless of where you are on the property. Great group of people; 2 homeowners live there full time, the rest of us are weekenders. Our plans are to build and retire there.

As far as Manzana 130, there are some good views of the ocean as well. We seriously considered there before taking our current lot. In reality, all lots are view lots, at least at this time.

I'll try to post some photos later......

Esperanza

Thanks Esperanza for the info on the restaurant- I feel a road trip coming up. Can you see the water from the restaurant, how are the prices, and do you know if they're open at night? I've tried to find restaurants serving fish or shrimp south of town close to the water, but haven't had any luck, maybe Jerry or Kenny know of some within a short drive. In the meantime, this sounds great- Thanks.
Miramar, don't think they are open at night....at least not this time of year. I don't believe you can see the water.

mis2810

Thanks playaperro and esperanza - I spoke to the DH last night and he's definitely interested. Like playa said, it should be no problem getting the title in DH's name as he's a Mexican citizen - no hassles with bank trusts.

Esperanza - you haven't built yet? When you say you are weekenders where do you stay?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Mis2810, I built the houses shown, all of them are 1 row off the beach. In front of the houses is a 200 foot strip of beach front. In Lopez every 100 meters there is a 60 foot wide beach access and also a public area with palapas and bar-b-ques.

mis2810

Mis2810, I built the houses shown, all of them are 1 row off the beach. In front of the houses is a 200 foot strip of beach front. In Lopez every 100 meters there is a 60 foot wide beach access and also a public area with palapas and bar-b-ques.
You're making this sound better and better all the time - I have mariposas in my tummy just thinking about having my own little beach house. I started thinking about beachfront, but we can't afford it. Then I realized that at some of the condos on Sandy Beach they don't have beachfront either. The walking distance between some of the buildings to the beach - especially the ones like Bella Sirena and Las Palmas with the homes in front are probably more than 400m off the beach anyway.

Lagrimas - we'll have to talk construction costs too.

MIRAMAR

Water trucks deliver, septic systems for sewage, solar, wind or propane generator for electricity. It's off the grid, similar to the beaches down the coast.
Just FYI, the eastern beaches- Encanto, Miramar, and Dorada all used to run solar. Although Playas Miramar and Encanto now have electric, I liked not having an extra bill (although our electric bill w/ solar running as well is about $3/month). As for water truck delivery, it's nice to know exactly your water usage each time you go down- just look in your tank. I think it makes you think about the cost of water, so you tend to use less.

Roberto

w475h356CA830SUM.jpgMom  Trip 030.jpg

These views show most of the houses that are close to the beach, the large palapa and public beach palapas.

Sorry, can't get that extra pic off !!

Attachments

Last edited:

Esperanza

Mis2810.... We have a travel trailer. Use battery/solar and bring in water. Our plans are to build, just not quite yet. We just couldn't stand to have the property and not be able to enjoy it, so............ home on wheels. It works out great for us! There are a few other travel trailers. As for property title.....my DH is also a Mexican Citizen, so no problems there :) . We love being in Mexico.....hubby is sooooo much happier when there; not the CRAP we have to put up with here in AZ. Without "sinking" this thread, in the eyes of many, if you're NOT WHITE, your illegal! Don't have those problems when in RP ;-)

Esperanza

mis2810, here's a few photos. All are from our lot....The first is high tide, 2nd is looking toward The Pinacate, 3rd one is at low tide and the last one is "Bandit". We have tons more, will post when I get a little bit more time.
2011-05-23 Download 324.jpg100_3420.jpg089.jpg119.jpg

Esperanza

Just FYI, the eastern beaches- Encanto, Miramar, and Dorada all used to run solar. Although Playas Miramar and Encanto now have electric, I liked not having an extra bill (although our electric bill w/ solar running as well is about $3/month). As for water truck delivery, it's nice to know exactly your water usage each time you go down- just look in your tank. I think it makes you think about the cost of water, so you tend to use less.
We know just what you're saying with usage of water & electric. Even in the States, we are conservative with water & electricity. It's just the "right thing to do" :). I fight with my kids all the time about how wasteful they are........and they come from Mex. DH is really sad that they've forgotten what it's like......they've become GRINGO-IZED....LOL.