Playa San Jorge?

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
Lots of good people down there that will pull you out if you get stuck. Don't worry about it.

I agree that the friendly folks are always willing to help - I am just not that lucky that they would be nearby when I screwed up and got my ass stuck in sand!

The problem is our phones do not work in Mexico - which is usually great - and we do not speak Spanish. Although I am trying to learn, I know colors and numbers, and a few other words, but in no way can I actually communicate.

Really just looking for new places to explore, let my big doggie chase sea creatures, and search for treasures! Heard this might be a great option?

joester

2 salty dawgs
I seem to remember the efforts to build a full-time rv park there a handful of years ago, and LadyJeeper went there to visit and check it out. All I remember for sure was that there was no full-time electric, and when the tide was out - it was really OUT! Consensus seemed to be that the Mirador was still the place to be with your rv.

Roberto

Well Known Member
The road to La Pinta is a good road not requiring 4 WD at all. Just park at Gillespie's Hacienda and do not drive on the beach. Last time I was there, years back, the road to San Jorge was perfectly good for 2WD as well. Again just don't drive on the beach.

Again, you could walk to San Jorge from La Pinta on the beach, just a couple of miles. You can see the houses form the beach at San Jorge from La Pinta.

If you like to explore and do not have a 4wd there are some things you might consider doing to prepare and when you explore. Buy a 12V air compresson and keep that along with a shovel in your vehicle. When you get into 'iffy' road conditions drop the air pressure in your tires down to 15-20. Before you hit the highway home reinflate the tires back to spec. This makes a huge difference in traction. I had a 2wd pickup that was terrible in the sand. Got stuck on the streets of Penasco several times !!When I came to 'iffy' looking roads I would stop and walk ahead to check out how flffy the sand was before trying to go ahead.

Landshark

Well Known Member
I agree that the friendly folks are always willing to help - I am just not that lucky that they would be nearby when I screwed up and got my ass stuck in sand!
Gotta have your toes in the water if your @ss is in the sand!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I seem to remember the efforts to build a full-time rv park there a handful of years ago, and LadyJeeper went there to visit and check it out. All I remember for sure was that there was no full-time electric, and when the tide was out - it was really OUT! Consensus seemed to be that the Mirador was still the place to be with your rv.
Yes, it's 25 miles from town, when the tide's out, it's way out and there was no electricity at all, just generators that they only ran part of the day. And, the actual park is a quarter mile from the beach, further adding distance......

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
The road to La Pinta is a good road not requiring 4 WD at all. Just park at Gillespie's Hacienda and do not drive on the beach. Last time I was there, years back, the road to San Jorge was perfectly good for 2WD as well. Again just don't drive on the beach.

Again, you could walk to San Jorge from La Pinta on the beach, just a couple of miles. You can see the houses form the beach at San Jorge from La Pinta.

If you like to explore and do not have a 4wd there are some things you might consider doing to prepare and when you explore. Buy a 12V air compresson and keep that along with a shovel in your vehicle. When you get into 'iffy' road conditions drop the air pressure in your tires down to 15-20. Before you hit the highway home reinflate the tires back to spec. This makes a huge difference in traction. I had a 2wd pickup that was terrible in the sand. Got stuck on the streets of Penasco several times !!When I came to 'iffy' looking roads I would stop and walk ahead to check out how flffy the sand was before trying to go ahead.

Thanks for the good advice. We never to exploring without supplies, tools, shovels, carpet, . compressor, and of course plenty of WATER! Perhaps we will try the walk instead.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Gotta have your toes in the water if your @ss is in the sand!

great song there Landshark! I also really like the Knee Deep song:

"only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair"

"And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise"

- reminds me of the Mirador!