Police lights

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Last time (also the first time!) I was there, I saw cops that just drive down the road with their lights on. :shock: Is that normal?

How do you know if they are pulling you over if they always have on their lights? Do you move out of their way?

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
Just be sure you drive by the rules. Drive like the rules say not as the locals do.

I just move to the right lane and slow a little and keep going. If they want you to stop you will know it.

Bill

Kenny

Well Known Member
If it's a Mexican holiday weekend it means their starting a parade and the custom is to pull in behind the cop. If the line of cars hasn't already started you start honking your horn. If no one else gets in line they will stop and let you know where the Fiesta is.
[attachment=1:mdovto7q]Santo Tomas-093.jpg[/attachment:mdovto7q]
It's also a great way to make new friends.
[attachment=0:mdovto7q]Santo Tomas-096.jpg[/attachment:mdovto7q]

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Kenny said:
If it's a Mexican holiday weekend it means their starting a parade and the custom is to pull in behind the cop, if the line of cars hasn't already started, and start honking your horn. If no one else gets in line they will stop and let you know where the Fiesta is.
[attachment=0:16mvt4q9]Santo Tomas-093.jpg[/attachment:16mvt4q9]
Nope -- no Holiday, just a normal day and the cop was just driving along with his lights on, I found it kinda odd.

Kenny

Well Known Member
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out the pictures closer, I added another one. What's odd is my post. :idea:

Man you replied fast

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Kenny said:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out the pictures closer, I added another one. What's odd is my post. :idea:

Man you replied fast
I get emails everytime someone replies to a thread I posted in (You can set it up too) so I know as soon as someone posts.. :lol:

Kenny

Well Known Member
Tyler do NOT, I repeat, do not get in behind a Mexican policeman and start honking your horn even if it's a Mexican holiday.

They made Chuck stand like this for hours down in Santo Tomas but he wouldn't tell them.[attachment=0:8f8iym0t]Santo Tomas-107.jpg[/attachment:8f8iym0t]

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Kenny said:
Tyler do NOT, I repeat, do not get in behind a Mexican policeman and start honking your horn even if it's a Mexican holiday.

They made Chuck stand like this for hours down in Santo Tomas but he wouldn't tell them.[attachment=0:3mj3efqs]Santo Tomas-107.jpg[/attachment:3mj3efqs]
:lol: :lol: